Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Monster Legs

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, I'll just be happy when my thighs stop moving when I do. That and when my thighs don't touch. I'm livin' for the day.......
    Kristen!

I too have awesome monster legs. When I was a lot younger I could leg press a little over 535 lbs. That was a full set with two people sitting on each side of the incline leg press.

Now, that I am a little older my strength has gone down some only leg press 400.

Besides, my legs are what got me my husband! ...and my family doctor thinks that they are gorgeous too. (Uuuuummm is he suppose to notice my legs like that or is it just creepy?)

I use to hate certain things about my body like the fact that I was able to build incredible amounts of muscle. I wanted to be skinny like all my other friends. The guys always seemed to look at the skinny ones and passed me by because I was strong and built. It seemed that highschool boy with a face full of pimples didn't want to hook up with the girl who could kick his a$$.

Now I am older and as I watch my mother get heavier, sicker, and weaker every year I am darn glad I am who I was made to be! I would change my monster legs and corn feed body for anything!

Jeans for those muscular thighs, and the bikes they ride: www.gussetclothing.com
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Fujichants View Post
    My boyfriend says I have thunder thighs...then my brother mentioned it as well...Great!

They get me down...especially when I see those skinny girls in their jeans and they look so good...

And yeah...sure they get me through runs and up hills and all that stuff...but they feel like they want to give up. And then I see a skinny person doing the same stuff! So what are these huge legs for then?

Freaking tree trunks
    Aaaaah! And then there are those of us who would give just about anything to possess a bulge that even remotely resembles a muscle!

After 20 years as a distance runner and three years cycling, it has become apparent (Call me a slow learner.) that genetics and slow-twitch muscle fiber are in cahoots -- I'm stuck with skinny, geeky legs and am never going to have those freakin' tree trunks!
    "If we know where we want to go, then even a stony road is bearable." ~~ Horst Koehler

I must say I almost passed up this thread ... but geesh, I'm so in with the monster legs. LOL I've always felt I'm the only one with thigh problems, thanks for letting me know I'm not.

Last year and half I've dropped 45lbs. At different levels of weight loss, my legs looked "huger" and even now the bulk of my weight is in my thighs, calves and even the freakin' saddle bags. I think after 53 years I've made peace with the fact that I will never have thin-ner legs that will won't rub together at the crotch, I just want to be healthy and strong. I'm OK with the sissy "tone" term and do hope my legs shape up a bit more now that I'm biking. The spandex shorts are still a bit out of my comfort zone, but I'm keep telling myself "it's not a fashion show, just ride".

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Jeans for those muscular thighs, and the bikes they ride: www.gussetclothing.com
    Knotted, I checked the gusset jeans website ... how's the fit? When I buy jeans to fit my saddle bags and thighs, the waist is so huge and even with a belt gaps and looks pathetically gappy.

PJ

Talking I yam what I yam

So Christmas ham thighs mean slow twitch and skinny legs mean fast twitch muscle fiber abounds? Do I put whole cloves in the Christmas ham thighs? Or some kinda honey/mustard/maple glaze?

How can I keep kosher
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I'm so glad that I've finally found a sport that I love that I'm actually built to do. Love the Christmas hams idea. I've always had big legs and hated them, even at my thinnest, but now, finally, a good use for those ham hocks!

Body fat is a whole other issue, however. Diet, along with heredity, has a lot to do with where you store it....unfortunately, mine all goes to my butt and thighs....but oh well, makes for better sitting!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby View Post

Knotted, I checked the gusset jeans website ... how's the fit? When I buy jeans to fit my saddle bags and thighs, the waist is so huge and even with a belt gaps and looks pathetically gappy.
    It is a beautiful thing.

Brings tears of joy to my eyes.... NO GAPPING!!!!!

I'm built like a Botacelli (sp) with giganto booty and little waist. So I have a terrible time finding anything that fits both my waist and my loveliness. I wrote a review of these jeans somewhere on the "Apparel" thread. Lemme go find it.

ETA: here it is http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=23285
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 06-14-2008 at 09:46 AM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by AmyO View Post
    Body fat is a whole other issue, however. Diet, along with heredity, has a lot to do with where you store it....unfortunately, mine all goes to my butt and thighs....but oh well, makes for better sitting!
    There's actually good research to show that if you carry your weight this way you are less likely to suffer from heart disease that women who are more "apple" shaped.

I have very muscular legs. When I'm lean they don't really *look* that big but they are, I have a terrible time with pants like everyone else here. I also have the booty to match. DH calls the combo the "powerhouse of cycling". He's really funny, if I catch him looking at another women he'll often say something like... "wow, she's attractive. Too bad she doesn't have athletic legs like my wife."
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Great review, I have bookmarked the website and sent for their email flyers. I'll just have to give them a try. I have always hated shopping for clothes, especially pants/jeans. Maybe this will help get me into something no longer frayed from wear at the inseam seam. Remember I got those dang rubbing thighs! LOL Thanks for the info.

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby View Post
    Maybe this will help get me into something no longer frayed from wear at the inseam seam. Remember I got those dang rubbing thighs!
    Me, too. And it doesn't matter how skinny or buff or chubby I get; they always rub.

A bit of warning for the rubbing types out there: the gusset puts the seams in a different place in your "crotchal" area. My skin has some nice tough patches where average inseams encounter each other as I walk, but I had to develop new patches with the new jeans. Not a problem, but I was tender the first time my skin had the new forces to reckon with.

LL love your thighs for they show how hard you have been working. Twenty some years ago when my little brother announced I had "thunder thighs" I was crushed but today I proudly sport them in public. I love my muscles, I love how my legs look in jeans, shorts, skirt, etc.
    Marcie

Very ironic that I just came across this thread...

I rolled into my parents' driveway today during my ride and my dad was out taking pictures of the yard. So he took a few pictures of me on the bike. He emailed the pictures to me and I am absolutely horrified by my moster thighs! It's not the muscle part that bothers me...it's all the fat! Wow, a picture really is worth a thousand words. I know there is muscle underneath that fat...my goal now is to reveal it! Time to get real and drop those pesky extra pounds I put on over the winter. I guess my new user name is more appropriate than I realized!

I think muscular thunder thighs are awesome, by the way. I rode with a group earlier this week and one of the girls had amazing monster/thunder thighs. I would love to have legs like that.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    So Christmas ham thighs mean slow twitch and skinny legs mean fast twitch muscle fiber abounds? Do I put whole cloves in the Christmas ham thighs? Or some kinda honey/mustard/maple glaze?
    Don't forget the pineapple ring.

My DH calls my derriere his 'picnic ham'. :-D
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm still very much a biking newbie, but I consider myself an expert on Monster Legs! After 15 years of soccer, mine are certainly two monsters and not shrinking any time soon. I swear I had the terrible pant-waist-gap thing going on by the time I was 10.

Consider the new muscle a trophy off all your hard work! More muscle strength in your quads and calves puts less stress on your knees too, and who would complain about that?
    Somewhere behind the athlete you've become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you...is a little girl who fell in love and never looked back... do it for her.