Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi - after a long time away!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi everyone!

I've been away from the forum for quite a long time. I had pretty much drifted away from riding after the big move to BR and adjusting to our new and busy lives here. Unfortunately, I drifted away from here, too. MP, SK, Snap, CC and the like - I've missed you!

I recently started up riding again (in the house, on the trainer) and thought it was time to come back onto TE. Unfortunately, I've awoken some old damage I did to my knees (leftovers from the crash a couple of years back) and can't ride that much. But - I thought I'd drop in and say hello anyway. I will stay around this time. No quickie posting blasts anymore.

Talk to you soon!
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble riding. Funny, my husband used to have two bum knees. His doc told him to start riding and now (years later) he has two strong knees. Are you sure your exercise bike is set up properly?
    How are your bees?

welcome back!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Fish! I mean Bee! Welcome back! I've just recently put in a re-appearance myself. Great to hear from you. Good Ol' Thread Drift is now in a category called "Way Off Topic Ongoing Conversations" or something like that...under OT:Australia. You'll find it, if you haven't already. Hope your knees find a way to cooperate with the bike.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Hi girlies!

Well - I have patellar tendonitis in both knees - caused from the bike. BUT - I also have torn cartilage and who knows what else in both - from the crash. It's been nagging at me since then, but I recently re-aggravated it. The doc says cycling is great exercise for the knees, but we need to get the bad cartilage out. Looks like surgery. I'm in PT for the tendonitis now. They're doing ASTYM. Not exactly fun, but hopefully will work. Then, in a couple of weeks, we'll start dealing with the cartilage/ligament issues.

Mimi - the bike is my road bike on the trainer - so dialed in perfectly for me.

The bees are great! Our bees are healthy, so all the better. The research is going great and I absolutely love my job and the family is super happy here in BR. Elizabee (now 6 and heading to 1st grade ) has just started on a competitive gymnastics team. She starts competing in October/November! Wow! Ben (now 4) is growing up so fast! He's trying to read now! Mr. Bee - happy with his job and is fishing lots in his new kayak. Life is good here! How about y'all? What been happening around here?

I'll make my way over to TD...
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

Welcome back Dr.Bee!! Glad to hear your bees are healthy!!

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Hi Doc! Welcome back! Keep those bees healthy, we need them.

She's the bees' knees.

Sorry. it had to be said. :P

Welcome back!!! So good to see the Bee and Lise in the same thread. Brings back great memories. Sorry about the knee. Take it easy. The latest quote form your daughter is a CRACK UP!!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

hey

Dr beeeeeeeee!!! Heyyyyy!!!

Long time no hear or see(?)!!! Take care of those knees as ya can't be the bees knees without em!

Hope to see more of you round here kiddo!

Thanks for all of the "welcomes"! It feels good to be back!

The bee's knees. You just couldn't resist MP, could you? Nice to see things haven't changed here

I have a great doc (LSU athletics orthopedic, in fact), so I should be out riding in no time. Ha! I'm always the optimist!

Now I'm not the only TE member in Louisiana!!! Welcome back!
    Beth

Yes welcome back!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Hello, Dr.Bee. Nice to see you again and so glad to hear you all are having fun in BR. AND that the bees are dong okay.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

So Dr Bee, have you been researching small cell bees?

and i'm sorry to hear about your knees.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Whassup, Doc?

And Lise, too!

Wow, a blast from the past.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    So Dr Bee, have you been researching small cell bees?

and i'm sorry to hear about your knees.
    Hey Mimi! I'm researching honey bees.

GOOD 'ol times SK! It sure is good to be back amongst you awesome ladies!

Now that there's 2 of us TE-er's down here in LA (the state, that is) - and we're both biologists - look out!

thanks all again for the welcome back and the well-wishes.