Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

MS Ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi ladies,

Wow! I am impressed that you are all riding 150miles!! A bit more than I can aspire to at this time but is there per chance a shorter ride too? I'd love to ride for MS and with a group of bay area women but am pretty sure I don't want to commit my buns to 150 miles. I have yet to imagine how anyone can do this? I ride easily for about 50 miles and then my body/neck/buns say ENOUGH. I am strong, it's not my legs but the rest of me that yells out. Is it just time on the bike, meaning years in the saddle that makes one able to do this?? Or perhaps being younger (58 now)? I ran a lot of marathons so know how to go the distance in that sport but in cycling I just find I burn out about 50 miles into a ride. Perhaps riding in a group would inspire but don't think even the most inspiring women would carry me another 100 miles.

I am baffled. I just began riding seriously in April of this year and have logged about 2500 miles with my honey along side. I had hoped by now I'd be able to ride longer but have only increased tolerance from about 30 to now about 50 or a bit more. Of course every ride is full of hills, some pretty steep or long but still.......Thoughts???

Thanks,

Jpbayarea

Who said we rode 150 miles !?!?? I sure can't do that, yet!

The Top Hat MS ride was 50 and 75 miles. Even the 50 miler was rather challenging, for me anyhow !

Here's the report. Sorry that the photos are all gone, I didn't realize that the links to the photos from the site I used (tinypic.com) would expire eventually.

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=2641

I think the MS 150 rides are usually done over two consecutive days - not all at once.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

bump

MS Top Hat page has been updated. Will Team Amici Veloci ride again?

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/ca...ail.asp?e=6715
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I think I'll have another commitment that day. probably one that I should be committed for... Traditionally the DMD staff ride is held the Saturday before the actual ride.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com