Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

tim

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ahhh..Tim Curry I love the RHP show!!! Susan Sarandon singing is umm rather interesting..ha haa..

I think i shall go & purchase it..

If you like Gothic stuff and don't mind kid's books, Tim Curry read some of the Series of Unfortunate Events books for audio. They are our favorite versions!

http://www.lemonysnicket.com/

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBlueNTulsa View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of Rocky Horror Picture Show... LMAO
    LOL...TOOO funny!!! that is exactly the outfit that guy was wearing out in the sun!!!
    DeAnna

Never take life seriously.
    Nobody gets out alive anyway

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBlueNTulsa View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of Rocky Horror Picture Show... LMAO
    OMG
    thats Hilarious!
    its matches oh so well!

soem people call them tan lines but here in Australia, we call them 2degree burns!

I wish I was in Oregon. To go ride at 8 am , in summer today( its near start of summer here) you have to wear long oants and a long top! Or risk skin cancer.
    You cant ride at all from 10 to 4 pm., or you bust into flames!

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post

but... as a roadie only... do people really MTB in crop tops?
    Well, when I first looked at the pics, I didn't notice the words above and I thought the mountain biker was a triathelete.

My boss is a triathalete, and having been out on a few rides with him when he is training for a tri and doing a "practice run", I have seen him get out of the water, peel of his wet suit and reveal what I call his 'bikini' and come for a ride with me, before leaping off and running in his 'bikini'!

So he wears a crop top, and watching alot of triathalon coverage on telly, it seems crop tops are a regular choice for both men and women...

But I agree with the others, none of the mountain bikers I know wear crop tops only.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

RE: some people call them tan lines - here in Australia, we call them 2degree burns!

Re some people call them tan lines but here in Australia, we call them 2degree burns!

Quote Originally Posted by cylegoddess View Post
    You cant ride at all from 10 to 4 pm., or you bust into flames!
    Oh yes! Here in EnZed too! One of my boys went out for a morning ride with his training group, about 4hours, back just after noon. He put loads of sunscreen on - except on his thigh. You see, he wore his shorts which he crashed in the first time he wore them. He got great road rash. And then about five weeks later he wears the shorts and gets great sunburn in unusual patterns on his very white thigh!

(Lots of anti-burn stuff and aloe vera and healing ungents and potions, and all has healed well - but it was a very nasty burn. Now he understands why I was "attacking" his shoulder with sunscreen when he has worn torn shirts... he thought I was being overprotective and fussy, but now he understands!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post

but... as a roadie only... do people really MTB in crop tops?
    I'm trying to figure out how a mountain biker, even in a crop top, tans her abs. Last time I rode a mountain bike, my abs were in shadow... :P
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

Quote Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how a mountain biker, even in a crop top, tans her abs. Last time I rode a mountain bike, my abs were in shadow... :P
    Maybe she was climbing up a very steep hill going south?
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

How about a tanning lamp attached to the top tube?

Haha. Computer programmer....My dad is a software developer, he has those same tan lines. LOL.

I saw a male friend of mine, naked. He commutes every day. His tan was even more alarming. He has the sunglass tan, as well as a sort of paper white widows peak form his helmet, plus the socks tan..
    Hes starting to look like his cycle( orbea onix)- sleek , black contours with grey accents!( he has grey hair)
    I wear UV arm warmers( coolers) made out of white fabric, but as of now announce the 25 year goth moontan, has just made its last farewell!
    Now I look like a surfer chick( except for the large thighs).
    Conquering illness, one step at time.

Tan lines

Quote Originally Posted by cylegoddess View Post
    I saw a male friend of mine, naked. He commutes every day. His tan was even more alarming. He has the sunglass tan, as well as a sort of paper white widows peak form his helmet, plus the socks tan..
    Hes starting to look like his cycle( orbea onix)- sleek , black contours with grey accents!( he has grey hair)
    I wear UV arm warmers( coolers) made out of white fabric, but as of now announce the 25 year goth moontan, has just made its last farewell!
    Now I look like a surfer chick( except for the large thighs).
    Sounds like George Clooney, what a nice friend you have! Here in Hawaii I see so many beach goers trying to eek out a tan during their stay. How boring is that to just lay there tanning yourself to perfection. I was born naturally dark, but since I started kitesurfing and bicycling I have the perpetual farmer's tan from the wetsuit and my kit. It's impossible to ever even it out. It's scary the contrast between the tanned parts and the covered areas but at least my husband can find me at night LOL.

I also have reverse racoon eyes tan line from sunglasses, which goes along great with half white biceps when I wear sleeveless blouses, tank tops, or dresses. Oh well at least people know I'm active.

For the hat wearing cyclists....BEWARE! LOL!

my friend, even with the tan marks,yeah hes hot!

Im starting to get thos new sort of look - not tan exactly but a increase of freckles on the exposed parts. So its like no freckles then, like constellations.
    Like gloves and stockings made of freckles!! Not a good look But hey, its small price to pay for a good ride...
    Conquering illness, one step at time.