Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

It's JUNE! and 47 degrees - (8 deg c)

To disable ads, please log-in.

Happy almost summer, fellow NW Gals. isnt this weather something?

I was really hoping we were done with the 40's, bah humbug.
    I got into my full winter regalia to ride to work this morning; hat, raincoat, rainpants, long fingered gloves.... and my hands were still cold!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

It was good of you to ride. Yesterday we were in a convergence zone at home so I went from work (not raining) to torrential downpour and semi-flooded roads

On the upside, DH got me a "commuter" type bike. The mixte has fenders but it's a bit small for me and I hate to abuse it. DH found a hardtail mtn bike (forget the brand) with Shimano 105's (I think) at a yard sale. It wasn't rideable so he got it for a good price but he's cleaning it up and replacing parts and it is looking darned pretty

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    Happy almost summer, fellow NW Gals. isnt this weather something?

I was really hoping we were done with the 40's, bah humbug.
    I got into my full winter regalia to ride to work this morning; hat, raincoat, rainpants, long fingered gloves.... and my hands were still cold!
    Isn't it crazy??? It would be LOVELY to have consistant weather! 100 degree one week...then 45 and raining the next is just CRAZY!!!!

I'm tired of the color GRAY!!!

Yesterday I went riding with Sprocketsmom....we were at her house wondering if we could ride or not......it wasn't raining at that moment..so we said..LETS DO IT.....we changed into our gear....then it was pouring.....we stood under her porch and 30 seconds later it stopped....so we headed out....and it didn't rain (except for about 2 min half way thru) for most of the trip...it turned into a very nice ride!
    DeAnna

Never take life seriously.
    Nobody gets out alive anyway

Ahhhhhh! PNW springs!! If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes...it's bound to get worse!!
    It's tough to get the mold to dry out when it's so darned cold!!!

I'll trade ya - we're in for a week of near 100 degrees + bad air quality + no rain. UGH. GLC - don't you miss it?? NOT!

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket's Mom View Post
    Ahhhhhh! PNW springs!! If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes...it's bound to get worse!!
    It's tough to get the mold to dry out when it's so darned cold!!!
    I think I've got mold in my lungs... or moss.
    's putting a serious damper on the stp training plans.

and this weather is supposed to continue for the next week!!!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

uuuugh I'd even take 100 degrees if it meant some SUN! Somehow yesterday I managed to get my 3.5 hour training ride right into the 4 hour window of dry weather though. Take that mother nature!
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I would kill for some sun. I am so sick of being cold...my arthritic legs usually stop hurting about May, but I'm STILL hobbling around like a 95 year old woman, and it's FREAKIN JUNE!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just pissy about the whole darned thing.
    Kristen!

hmmm....maybe I really should consider moving to the pacific north-wet. I cannot stand temps over about 90, and we stay there for 2.5 months a year. Ick!

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by CA_in_NC View Post
    I cannot stand temps over about 90, and we stay there for 2.5 months a year. Ick!

CA
    That's why I moved here eight years ago. I'll still take the cool, gray damp of the PNW over the blistering hot and humid southeast any day of the week.

I didn't recognize you mimi with your new avatar!

And YES what's up with our weather? I'm so depressed at the moment. I'm watching that new weather lady Rebecca Stevenson on kiro 7 TV, she replaced Andy Wappler . . . and I want to scream at her because her forecast is YUCKY!

Sigh

Soaked in Seattle,

Sue

Weeks of this we've had now with maybe 1-2 weeks of spotty breaks or days inbetween (cumulatively, since April) - enough to cause the snowpack to melt so fast we flooded, then back to cold. I thought the PNW was supposed to have a hot summer... I guess that's still ahead of us?

I'm going to be awesome at riding in mostly cloudy/overcast skies with 20-50% chance of rain and 10-15mph wind from the northwest. Only once have I been rained on so hard and for so long that I gave up, otherwise it's "wait 5 minutes for the rain to stop." That one time was "wait 5 minutes for the rain to stop. No, that's not stopping, that's raining harder. What is that? That rain hurts my face. It'll stop anytime now... PLEASE? Fine, muscles don't work so well that cold. You win this time, mother nature."

If that hot summer comes around, we'll come back to this thread and wish for our mostly cloudy 55-60 degree days.

Yup, we will. It's our cheap source of entertainment.

Mimi, I loved your email yesterday: "It's raining. It must be June in Seattle."

I can't believe it's still doing it east of the mountains too! We got rained on pretty hard at Sasquatch that Saturday night of Memorial Day weekend. Michael Stipe did his whole set in bare feet and a suit and tie. (PS---so he wouldn't slip on the rain-drenched stage)

Truthfully, I love the climate here even as I complain about it. I HATED the weather where I grew up (upstate NY). This is perfect for me. But complaining is part of the NW perk set.

There's a long list of "how you know you're a Washingtonian" items that my father in law sent us years ago. It's pretty funny and I can try to dig it up for you fellow sufferers if you want. My favorite item:

"You can point to three volcanos even though you can't see any of them through the cloud cover." Too true!
    Last edited by salsabike; 06-04-2008 at 06:35 PM.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Oddly enough, it was cool/drizzling when I was in the San Francisco area on Saturday. At least I used used to it

I think we're going to get a ride in this Saturday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather behaves just a bit.

And I was a SoCal person who hated hot weather. I figured I liked rain, it was romantic somehow. I'm learning the reality of it all I guess I'd be happiest if it was 60-70 degrees and mostly clear year round.