Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

It is just hot and humid here in the Ohio Valley. People were complaining a lot the evening club ride about the weather here. It looks like we skipped spring and went straight into our summer weather. I love it!
    Marcie

Sure would be nice if it'd at least be up in the 50s in the mornings! I'm only *just* getting back into commuting for this year in the last few weeks, mostly because I'm a wimp and therefore kept stalling thinking for sure it'd warm up and stop raining soon. Now I'm tired of waiting. But bleh. It's better than extreme heat, for sure, but...bleh. Full-fingered gloves and leggings this morning for me, too.

I'm awfully tired of still having to keep the heat on, too....

*waves to everyone - been awhile since I stopped by!*

hmm? what was that? It's so hot here, I have trouble concentrating... Rode to work in a tank top cos short sleeves are just too hot. Almost went and jumped in a lake on my commute home yesterday - without getting off my bike.

Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

hey

Actually we had lovely weather when we were in Seattle..for one day..However on the day we left it rained but we still walked to Stumptown coffeeeeeeee mmmm..

NOw if i could just remember the name of the cafe accross the street from the Hotel Andre that sells the yummy chocolate..mmmmm...

Seattle=coffeeee & chocolate

Btw..I can send you some lovely sunshine & 20C temps..

Rain, rain go away. My son said yesterday we were living in Washington. Sounds like Tour de Kota starting this weekend should be renamed Tour de Rain.

where do you live, Cosc?

The truth is, I settled here because I like the weather too. I grew up in NJ BAC (Before Airconditioning) and couldn't stand the summers, even as a young adult. But this spring here is rather extreme! I'm hoping for 50's. today it was 49, a slight improvement over yesterday

Anyone who is familiar with our climate knows that June is grey normally.
    but so cold too??
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Mimi, I live in South Dakota where I patiently wait out the winter for the spring winds and rain.

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    hmm? what was that? It's so hot here, I have trouble concentrating... Rode to work in a tank top cos short sleeves are just too hot. Almost went and jumped in a lake on my commute home yesterday - without getting off my bike.

PTTTTTTTTThhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    DeAnna

Never take life seriously.
    Nobody gets out alive anyway

heeheehee
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post

There's a long list of "how you know you're a Washingtonian"
    "You can point to three volcanos even though you can't see any of them through the cloud cover." Too true!
    Here's some "How to know your an Oregonian" (although it fits us both!!) (notice how 98% of them are about the weather!!)

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in Oregon.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed
    the wrong number, you live in Oregon.

If you measure distance in hours, you live in Oregon.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live
    in Oregon.

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' and back again in the same
    day, you live in Oregon.

If you install security lights on your house and garage but leave both
    unlocked, you live in Oregon.

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard
    without flinching, you live in Central, Southern or Eastern Oregon.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you
    live in Oregon.

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph --you're going 80, and
    everyone is still passing you, you live in Oregon.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with
    snow, you live in Oregon.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road
    construction, you live in Oregon.

If you find 10 degrees 'a little chilly', you live in Oregon.
    DeAnna

Never take life seriously.
    Nobody gets out alive anyway

no, ours is different
    You know you're from Washington

# You sometimes go to Oregon to return your aluminum cans
    # You go to Oregon to do major shopping as often as possible
    # You sometimes fear the IRS will catch up to your tax-dodging ways.
    # You've been to the original Starbucks.
    # You remember when Starbucks actually made good coffee
    # You know why everyone calls it "Spocompton", and in fact, you call it that too.
    # Canada is a prime vacation spot.
    # You have basically no accent.
    # The mix of punk rock, indie rock, hicks, rednecks, liberals, and politicos in your state capital confounds you.
    # Being able to visit forests, petrified forests, the desert, two different mountain ranges, rivers, volcanoes, and the coast all within your own state does not strike you as odd.
    # You don't call it "the beach", you call it the "coast".
    # You think someone carrying an umbrella is either odd or must be from California.
    # At least one person you know has been hurt by the dot-com downfall.
    # You know who Tim Eyman is.
    # You hate/love Tim Eyman.
    # Real Christmas trees are the norm in your household, and you go to a local tree farm or to the forest to cut yours down.
    # You can pronounce Puyallup(3 syllables) and Sequim(1 syllable)
    # You know where The Couve is.
    # You know there is a Vancouver other than the one in British Columbia.
    # You understand why this joke is funny -

DIY Washington Weather Report: If you can see Mount Ranier, it's going to rain. If you can't see Mount Rainier, it already is raining.

# You understand that the above joke is true.
    # You go to Oregon for all your assisted suicide needs.
    # You can stay home for all your medical marijuana needs.
    * You've heard of The Farming Game.
    * You know what Cascadia is, and what side of the fence you'd choose.
    * You've had salmon prepared just about any way you can imagine and some you never wanted to.
    * You can't think of a local supermarket whose deli doesn't serve sushi.
    * You go on vacation to California and someone asks you to bring them a giant bottle of liquor from Costco. Or Safeway!*
    * At Christmas, you don't fend off fruitcake - you fend off basement microbrews.
    * You remember when espresso carts were actual carts and there were more of them than Starbuck's.
    * You've ever explained to friends or relatives visiting from the other coast that, yes, there's only one state between here and there, but it will probably take more than two hours to drive to California.
    * You've driven in snow and consider yourself pretty competent. After all, you do it almost once a year. Going 2 miles an hour.
    * You've given serious consideration to whether your state's anthem should be changed to Louie Louie.
    * You've never been to a school whose computers weren't supplied primarily by Microsoft.
    * The only suntans you've ever had, you got on vacation or indoors.
    * You've felt lucky that, for the last several years, the most embarassing thing about your state's politics was your governor's haircut.
    * You're originally from California.**
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Being a new transplant to this area, I've got to say...as much as it feels a bit 'cold' to me, I'll take it.

Every time I feel the need to complain about the rain, I just recall last fall in NC - 100+ degrees and flat out parched conditions EVERYWHERE. When even the trees in the mountains are brown and dying...you know it's bad. It was awful. Dust accumulated in measureable thicknesses DAILY.

Rain is good.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Being a new transplant to this area, I've got to say...as much as it feels a bit 'cold' to me, I'll take it.

Every time I feel the need to complain about the rain, I just recall last fall in NC - 100+ degrees and flat out parched conditions EVERYWHERE. When even the trees in the mountains are brown and dying...you know it's bad. It was awful. Dust accumulated in measureable thicknesses DAILY.

Rain is good.
    give it time, you'll come around...

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Actually we had lovely weather when we were in Seattle..for one day..However on the day we left it rained but we still walked to Stumptown coffeeeeeeee mmmm..

NOw if i could just remember the name of the cafe accross the street from the Hotel Andre that sells the yummy chocolate..mmmmm...

Seattle=coffeeee & chocolate

Btw..I can send you some lovely sunshine & 20C temps..
    Same just across the ditch in Auckland.............. sunny weather & 16-17c........lovely winter cycling weather

although, it's suppose to rain tomorrow which is fine because we sure need it........... yet again the talk on the news is about power cuts this winter because the hydro lakes in the south island are too low.............

My SIL lives in Portland and she too is a little jaded with the summer weather at the moment
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

Auggh! Who's ALLOWING this weather? Wow. It is repellent out there right now. Cold. Windy. Raining. Bleah.

I still love it here, though.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks