Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Another "bad luck, but no harm done" stories. My seat rail broke on my commute home once last year. I had to do the whole commute pedalling standing up with no seat to sit on. Hard work despite the lack of hills and it was only 2.3miles!

almost got hit yesterday

so yesterday i was going back home and bus driver almost hit me. he passed by me like less than inch distance. then my husband caught him next bus station. and try to take his information so that we can file complain against him. but he refused that, he didn't open even doors and run away. and it seems one lady in car saw this. so she some how sent this cops to help us out.

we explained everything to cop and guess what did he say.. he said there is no accident so he could not do anything and he started shouting on us indicating that we need to be careful, not bus. then my husband said to him if my wife would have been hurt then its a case right ? and that ridiculous cop was laughing and said yes then i can file complaint.

today i didn't dare to ride. i drove instead. i am still in shock. like what is safety if cops are not willing to listen to us cyclist ? i wish same thing should happen to that cop when he is not dressed in cop's clothes. then he might realize.

patel_shital-

That's terrible. What city was this?? I would suggest sending a letter to the police chief. Sounds like he or she needs to educate the cops. You should at least be able to file a report. The (admittedly extraordinary) police in Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach NC had a nice talk with an elderly woman who almost hit me one day. I was riding in the right lane - she turned and almost hit me broadside. Just next to the bridge to the beach - loads of pedestrians and cyclists. I wanted her to know what happened - they agreed. She was quite apologetic (and I bet she's more careful now!).

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by patel_shital View Post
    so yesterday i was going back home and bus driver almost hit me. he passed by me like less than inch distance. then my husband caught him next bus station. and try to take his information so that we can file complain against him. but he refused that, he didn't open even doors and run away. and it seems one lady in car saw this. so she some how sent this cops to help us out.
    If you know the time that the incident occurred just call the bus company with specifics on the location. Buses also have numbers ON THEM that you can use to help identify.
    The police are not the right people to call in this case, it's this guy's boss.

Police have terrible attitudes, that's just the way it is.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

i was in NJ (Jersey city). i was able to file complaint against bus driver to NJtransit (bus was from there). they assigned me the case number. so will see what happens.

but cop need some education. if i am riding car and does not have seat belts on. they are concern about safety. why not in this case? at least he could have speak to bus driver. he was too close that he could have hit any pedestrian if not me.

You have to understand that since no one was hurt, the cop feels like he has more pressing things to do. I'm not "on their side" but i know that they have way too much to do, and too often they're witnesses to fatal accidents.
    so take his advice too, and let it go. be careful!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

The rides that upset me are when I get yelled or honked or otherwise harrassed.

Otherwise I love commuting. If the weather is extreme, I get an ego kick out of riding. If I have a fall (rare), I have an interesting story. If the weather is nice and nothing untoward happens, I have a nice ride, though uninteresting, more pleasant than driving.

Yesterday I encountered nothing but courteous drivers, a rarity as I usually have one punk. I did have one lady move in front of me without the corteousy of a blinker but I could tell she was about to do it and I had plenty of room. But I had two cars slow to let me merge/cross safely.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I remember a song on the radio a few years back, that went:
    "I want to thank you/ You let me change lanes/ when I was driving in my car"

I think of that song a lot, though I'm on a bike. People let me changes lanes, they pass courteously, they make every effort to make my ride safe and peaceful. That is the usual case anyway. There are, of course and sadly, exceptions.