Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: How old are you and for how long have you been on the bike at this time of your life?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 25

16 10.00%
  • 26-35

40 25.00%
  • 36-45

52 32.50%
  • 46-55

41 25.63%
  • 56-65

11 6.88%
  • over 65

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm 32, and I learned to ride a two wheeler at 7. I've always used a bike for transport since I was allowed to cycle beyond our little street. Cycling just for training/excercise only started two years ago when I was training for ALC and I enjoy it so much I'm still going...or at least plan to when the phd lets me have a life.

I rode when I was a kid as most kids do, then I didn't ride until after I had my son and my Doc suggested it since when I walked I got shin splints. So my husband and I got mountain bikes and we rode every chance we got, and also took the boy on a few organized rides and pulled him in one of those trailors. Then we he got to big to pull, and was to little to keep up, we quit.
    About 2 years ago, I started getting back into it and got road tires for my mountain bike, and rode it for about a year and at the end of last summer I got the new bike, and really love it. Now if I could just get a good seat that fits, I will be set. LOL

Oh, I'm 43, soon to be 44 the end of this month, but ain't claiming it until the day. LOL
    Donna

I'm the big 4-1 , started riding for real in 2004, 4 years ago.

I rode as a kid, kept riding for transportation in college and as a young teacher and then when my kids came along, they rode on my bike and then with me, so I've always been riding in some form or another.
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

I can see why you're called uforgot . How old are ya? Fess up.

Hey red, not only do we ride the same type bike, but we're both the same age!

And uforgot doesn't HAVE to put her age in the post - just in the poll!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I'm 46. I had my last bike ride when my oldest son was 6 weeks old. He's now about to be 26. Fortunately, I found my first love again and I have been riding for the last 4 years.

I really do love to ride and love everything about bikes. It's kind of one of those passions that I put off for motherhood, that I didn't even realize was a passion until I started doing it again.

Karen

Smile

I longed for a bike as a child but school reports where all so bad was not allowed one until I was about 10 years old, then it was a second-hand bike, although I loved it.

I was a nutter on my bike but when moving to central London, had to get rid of it at the age of 12 years.

37 YEARS LATER............at the age of 50, I started riding a bike, again a second-hand one.

So have been riding for 8 years and now 58 years old............and loving it.

Clock
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    Hey red, not only do we ride the same type bike, but we're both the same age!

1967 rules!

And uforgot doesn't HAVE to put her age in the post - just in the poll!
    Yeah, I know she doesn't have to, but I'm thinking she just forgot. I hear she's forgetful. Or, she thinks I forgot. Hmmm, maybe I did forget? I can't remember.

I'm 54 and started riding when I was 47, almost 48. I started because my son was racing as a junior and my husband was heavily into it. Before that, I didn't learn to ride until I was 9 and then rode a lot until I was 13 or so. I stopped pretty much when we moved to Florida when I was 15.
    I rode a little bit in the late 70s early eighties as a grad student and young mother, but never more than 5-10 miles.

I am 46 and have been riding for two and a half years. I knew when I got involved with my current partner that I would be doing MORE exercise, what I didn't know what cycling would become central to my life and become my OWN. So here I am, two and a half years later, a newbie racer and a teacher of bicycle riding and an athlete for the first time in my life. Who knew?
    "Why walk when you can bike?"
    Luna Eclipse
    Fuji RC Supreme
    Fuji Touring
    Centurion Le Mans
    All have Selle SMP TRK saddles.
    My blog: www.thepolkadotjournal.blogspot.com

I don't fit into the poll... I'm 25

I always rode as a kid until about 4th grade when I had a bad accident on my bike. Then I just rode it around the farm and less on roads.

I really picked it back up in college and used it as transportation when I moved (car-less) to AZ for a winter... then it was on to MTBing and now road.

I'm 44 and I've been riding for 5 years. I started as a kid but my bikes were always flat. I rode a bit in the Bay Area...mostly too cheap to pay for parking at the community college Tried to ride a bit in LA...boy was that scary. Fast forward to now...my longest most serious spell of biking.

I'm 29 (30 next month!). And I've been road riding and mountain biking for four years. I started riding so DH and I could do something together. Now he's so busy he doesn't ride at all and I have to ride by myself or with DD.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    I can see why you're called uforgot . How old are ya? Fess up.
    Yeah, I'm forgetting more and more as the years roll by. I'm 53.
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington