Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Latest injury...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Broken finger. Go, me!

This hurting myself thing is getting seriously old. I don't know what my problem is, but I hope I find a way to resolve it pretty soon. The past year and a half has been just one injury or illness after another. My insurance company must love me...

yow--how'd you do that?

I've been lucky---knock on wood---in the injury department. Although last night I was racing my son on his mountain bike (me on my road bike--I still lost!), and I almost wiped out on some bumps. I got scared and had to slow down, therefore "letting him win".

Hope it heals quick!

Karen

(((((Dex)))))

Be careful out there!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

dex, I'm relatively new here so I don't know you but I can totally relate. I've been either sick or injured most every month of the year so far. Back while there was three feet of snow on the ground and I started getting sick I became obsessed with biking as a way to cope. Now that it's beautiful outside I sprained my ankle and can't ride. Apparently though, it's "the time of year" for these things to happen. At least according to my doctor. So it's not just us.

Ouch Dex!! Stop that already would ya!!
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    Stop that already would ya!!
    Seriously! I tell myself exactly that all the time.

Thanks for the commiserations and listening to my latest injury whine, ladies. Truly appreciated.

I think I have to learn how to stop thinking all the time, especially when I'm doing things like walking down a flight of stairs, or scrambling over boulders in not-so-dry creek beds, or especially when riding my bike. Ok, so really I should just start paying more attention to what I'm doing and less attention to whatever silly thing has captured the attention of my brain.

Lifting weights helped me learn how to shut my brain off, so I think I'm going to do that again for a little while--nothing ridiculously heavy, and only things I can do around my current injuries.

Gah! I'm a dork.