Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Light Bulb

To disable ads, please log-in.

I got it I got it!!....I think! The pixs made it look like the box just strapped to your top tube and voila! away you go. I didn't realize it strapped to Other things too!!......As I was riding home tonight I thought about the hitting of the legs person and realized, it probably wouldn't work on a slanted TT coz it Would be in the way of my legs. But I may try one anyway. The main thing I want it for is to carry food so I don't have to stop to eat. (I Hate stopping once I start something) I have a camelback and water cage for fluids but I couldn't fit the cell phone, garage door opener, bananas, luna bars, and extra water in the jersey And wear the camelback. I felt like one of those street musicians that wear everything all over their bodies!! I do have extra pockets on the camelback, I think it was Denise who said she carries stuff in hers so I may try that one too. Again tho, I would have to stop to get food out blah blah blah! ...................or maybe not??!! *wondering: can I unstrap the 'back, get the food out and strap it back on while riding?* Probably a bad idea!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Corsair - what about one of those triangle bags that fit under the top tube? Do you know what I'm talking about? I'll try to find a pix....

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    Corsair - what about one of those triangle bags that fit under the top tube? Do you know what I'm talking about? I'll try to find a pix....
    Sorry hun I don't. But again it's a slanted TT...with the triangle bag work?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

There are triangular-shape bags that hang under the top tube. Looking at your pic though, I think it will be too close to your knees. Unless you are very bowlegged . . . .

ROFL - I may be before I'm done - trying to ride with boxes and bags hanging from my bike!!

Everyone cross your fingers - I may have found a steel Peugot road bike for about $50 which would make the whole slanted TT thing a non-issue! The guy is bringing it over today or tomorrow for me to try! Cross your fingers!!!

Corsair "trying Not to get too excited" Mac

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Sending positive brain waves . . . .

Those of you with the bento bags... take a look for me and tell me if it could be swung 90deg and strapped under but on the handlebars.

I too have a slanted top tube. I finally got my under-seat bag to work with my back-o-the-seat water cages, but I'd like a tiny somethin up front (hey! watch it... ) for quick access things like $$ or gum or jelly bellys .

spazzdog
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Uh? What? Do you mean hanging upside down under the stem?

I don't think the covering is secure enough to keep small items like chapstick from falling out.

Maybe I just don't get what you're asking.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

More likely I don't quite know how the derned things attach...

I need to find a place (retail) where I can touch them. The online thing is failin' me on this one.

Anyway, I don't mean upside down. I'm guessing from your response that the attachment straps are on the bottom??

For some reason, I thought it was 2 little compartments with connective fabric between that goes over the top bar and velcro somewhere...

Did I just invent something or is this a bento box? Help!!

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Does this link work? www.tniusa.com

There are 2 velcro straps which attach the bottom to your top tube. There are 2 more straps that attach the side (front) to your stem. Unless you are using a severely sloping top top like a hybrid or mtbike might have, the small might be OK.

The link has a list of MA dealers. Maybe someone has one.

Thx SK! Hmm, you're right. That won't do what I want it to do.

I can't put anything on my top tube, partly because of the slope and partly because the length of my legs. I'd "hacky-sack" that puppy over a goal post (very long femur).

Maybe I did just invent something...

spazz
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Hey S-dog, I saw someone on a ride yesterday with a tiny underseat bag hanging upside down from her stem. It looked like it fit there just fine, no interference anywhere. Guess you just need a med-longish stem for it to work. And since it zipped, nothing could fall out. The velcro straps that would normally go around the seatpost were put around the headset, and the straps that would go on the saddle went around the stem.

Hmmm... now that might work. I'll go peruse the little bags and put my thinkin' cowboy hat on.

Thanks!
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Jobob and V got me looking at the hoity-toity bags. Would this work?

http://www.wallbike.com/klickfix/miniadapterfamily.html