Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Only you would understand...

To disable ads, please log-in.

So I posted a picture of the Specialized balance bike I bought for my 3 yo grandson on his birthday. I am still amazed how quickly he learned to balance, and I'm so excited about how much he loves it.

Today I helped his parents--my son and his wife--move into their new house, and my GS was there with his bike, going up and down the driveway. We got done, and they had to go to Wal-Mart to get the stuff you need when you move. This is the conversation I overheard between my GS and his mother:

"Spencer, we're going to Wal-Mart."

Spencer asked, "why?" in his cute little high-pitched voice.

"Because we have to get some things for the new house."

"Mommy, can I see cycle-bikes?"

"Yes, we can look at the cycle-bikes."

Ahhhhhhhh, he loves bikes!!! Yay! He wants to just go look at them, just like his Gramma!!! And how cute is it that he calls them cycle-bikes?!

Karen

Cycle-bikes is sooo cute!

My 4 year old is always asking about "your racing team". Because a bunch of us have a group jersey that we wear when in prganised rides. He thinks we are the real deal - racers!

Hee hee - how cute!!
    My first charity ride! The MS150 Cycle to the Shore

Look out, Dave Z!
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Oh, if only, Zen! I don't want to race, myself, but I would love it if my son wanted to. (He's not biting, as of yet.) I'd just have to put off saving for retirement if the grandson got bitten by the racing bug!

I can just see us traveling around the country together, he in his junior racing kit and me hunting for sponsors all the time!

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    So I posted a picture of the Specialized balance bike I bought for my 3 yo grandson on his birthday. I am still amazed how quickly he learned to balance, and I'm so excited about how much he loves it.

Today I helped his parents--my son and his wife--move into their new house, and my GS was there with his bike, going up and down the driveway. We got done, and they had to go to Wal-Mart to get the stuff you need when you move. This is the conversation I overheard between my GS and his mother:

"Spencer, we're going to Wal-Mart."

Spencer asked, "why?" in his cute little high-pitched voice.

"Because we have to get some things for the new house."

"Mommy, can I see cycle-bikes?"

"Yes, we can look at the cycle-bikes."

Ahhhhhhhh, he loves bikes!!! Yay! He wants to just go look at them, just like his Gramma!!! And how cute is it that he calls them cycle-bikes?!

Karen
    Lovely thread Karen, and wow, do I understand.

Today was the first time I went out with my gorgeous 6 year old grandson, just the two of us on our bikes. As I rode behind him, and watched his funny little skinny white legs peddaling away, I had tears in my eyes.........doh!

AND the best thing is that he wanted to go out with me!

He is my NUMERO UNO DUDE!

I looked after him all day today and I was proudly showing him my sponsorship list and all the girls from TE who had sponsored me, he was impressed that I had money coming in from the 'other side of the world'. He even gave me a big hug and said how good it was........aw shucks!

Clock
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

My 7yr old daughter "wants a road bike like mommy". I thought that was great.

Nothing better then riding with kids and grandkids. My grandkids are all teens now. The oldest graduated from high school last week. I've had the joy of doing several three generation tours with them. I hope we've made memories that will last them a life time. Who knows maybe this granny will have chance to do a four generation tour before too many years. Wouldn't that be something! Such a cute story, Karen.
    "It's not how old you are, it's how you are old."
    SandyLS TeamTE BIANCHISTA

Sandy, that would be awesome.

My grandmother lived to 100, and my brother learned to play guitar with her, when she was in her 70s. That was pretty cool.

Karen

this is such a sweet thread!

My nephew is a cautious child. He learned to ride a bit more slowly than the other kids. The day he finally got rid of his training wheels, he called me and DH to tell us "It's almost like playing!!!!" So now when a ride is kicking my behind, that's what I have in my head...it makes me smile inside.

aw, that IS sweet, grasshopp.

My grandson called me when he pee-peed in the potty the first time! lol.

Karen

Oh, so kyoot! I have a two year old nephew that I think needs a bike, or a horse really soon!

Anyway, check out this munchkin. I was shooting for the local paper and met this charmer. He's three, never uses his brakes, and deliberately goes slow because he doesn't want the race to be over!

"True, but if you throw your panties into the middle of the peloton, someone's likely to get hurt."

ok, that's my new excuse when I'm a slug on a hill....."I just don't want it to be over!" Very cute!!!