Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks for the encouragement, Gals. I'm now (because of your kind words) thinking this is something I should do for myself. I tend to psych myself out about things... talk myself into believing that I can't do something and then I never have to try. Tomorrow is a good day to prove to myself that I can do it alone. (I know that sounds like procrastinating, but it's really planning!!! ) Blaine will know where I'm going and about how long it should take.

You all have a BLAST tomorrow at the Cindy... I'm so wishing I could do it with you guys. Oh well, no green card, no ride.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog
    I tend to psych myself out about things... talk myself into believing that I can't do something and then I never have to try. Tomorrow is a good day to prove to myself that I can do it alone.

{{{{{{{slinke}}}}}}} been there hun, done that!......it's why I stay married to the jerk longer than I probably should have - the alternative was just too scary! Now: I wonder why I didn't live alone sooner!!

Anyway, let us know how it goes - I'll have you in my thoughts as I go for my first hike of the year (alone) and try to keep from riding Nicci until he's looked at!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog
    Tomorrow is a good day to prove to myself that I can do it alone.
    You can do it and you will be BETTER for it!
    You have my number - call me if you need ANYTHING! (encouragement, someone to chat with, whatever!)
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    it's why I stay married to the jerk longer than I probably should have - the alternative was just too scary! Now: I wonder why I didn't live alone sooner!!
    Me too! We will have to exchange stories!
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Sounds like we need a divorcee cycling thread!! Blaine is my second (and very wonderful!) husband!!

Cindy, I have a GREAT idea! I'll call you on my cell phone while I'm riding around Uvas and you're doing the Cindy! We can chat the whole way!!!

*insert stern face here*

Young Ladies: is talking a cell phone legal while operating a vehicle in the state of CA?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    Young Ladies: is talking a cell phone legal while operating a vehicle in the state of CA?
    AB911 was introduced in 2001 - to be effective this year - BUT it apparently failed passage January 14, 2002. Died pursuant to Art. IV, Sec 10(c) of the Constitution. Not sure if it was reintroduced???
    Last edited by cindysue; 04-01-2005 at 10:20 AM.
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

So I guess that means we're in the clear?

pleeze say you guys are joking !!!

Maybe it's just me, but there's few things that seem more inherently wrong to me than someone riding their bike while chatting on a cell phone, the 2 just seem so incompatible to me.

I won't even get into the saftey issues ....

jo Mother Hen Church Lady bob

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Joking? Absolutely. I can't even pull my water bottle from the downtube whilst I'm riding. I have to have both hands on the handlebars AT ALL TIMES!! I won't ride with headphones, either. I need to hear those cars coming up from behind... or the other riders!

[QUOTE=jobob]pleeze say you guys are joking !!! /QUOTE]

errrh, no comment

.....one who regularly breaks the law (and works for the law - go figure!)
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Please say I can still place pizza deliveries from the back of the tandem!

Yes, you may order pizza - but you have to invite me.

I have a friend who is constantly on his cell, even on the bike. Another friend and I informed him we would not ride with him if he did not turn off the phone. I also threatened to insert said phone into an orifice of my choice if he didn't turn it off in a movie theater!

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    Please say I can still place pizza deliveries from the back of the tandem!

Talking uh-oh..

Regarding the reservation for 12 - it is just females, right? I told my significant other that it was "girls night out"
    well, I hope I didn't throw a cog in the works here, cause my prince charming is coming with me to night and we have our own table next to janets.,
    although you might be interested in meeting him.. he is a head honcho with the ride tomorrow and he can answer any questions you newbies might have.. also the ride has changed (yet again) and there is a turn that even I would miss on Vasco right over the railroad overpass so y'all might want to turn an ear and have a listen about that one.. see you tonight!
    Last edited by ride4ur_life; 04-01-2005 at 04:09 PM.

Oh boy....the bag's packed, the truck is loaded, and the bike is locked down....Almost ready to go.....see y'all later!!!!
    Ride your ride.