Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

The main disadvantage of camping was the huge freight trains that ran frequently just on the other side of the river. Loudest trains I've ever heard. Our first night at Round Bottom Campsite we had to take water from a stream because the pump was not working. We woke up about midnight to see a fire going on the far side of the campsite - some kids biked in during the night without lights, built a campfire, and hung out until about 4 am. I guess camping is easier when you stay up all night??? At the Rockwoods campsite, the water and showers were across the river in the town, the camping was along the trail in a quiet primitive area (except for the freight trains across the river).
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Mad-
    when I was in Sports Authority last night they had a little backpacking tent on sale for $20. Get you one of those and do one night with me on the canal.
    I won't charge you anything
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

It's not a tiny backpacking tent, but if anyone wants to borrow my tent they're welcome. It's a Eureka tent, hexagonal, about 6.5 feet across. Fits one person very comfortably, two cozily.