Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm staying in the Best Western Baugh on Friday. We have a gal's room (for me, my daughter, and my friend) and a guy's room (for my DH and my dad, who will be Big Bad Wolves in Wellsville on Saturday). My daughter will be riding again this year, but she's only doing 35 miles (her ballet has been so all-consuming this year that she just hasn't had much riding time). She has a couple of friends to ride with and then will be hanging out in Wellsville with her dad & opa until I stagger in.

Not sure about the dinner plans yet. I had originally thought to do the LRRH dinner. But standing in line with 800 women for food just does not sound that appealing (as great as all those women are!), plus I'll have to find something to include the guys too.

I'll be looking for you TE'rs either Fri eve or Sat morning!

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    I'm a cranky, crowd-averse middle-aged gal and wasn't planning on standing in line for dinner at the check in. Visiting casually, yes, standing in line with a bunch of anxious people, no.

So, I'll take a shot at this: Firehouse dinner attendees seem to be...
    yellow
    Lifesgreat
    CyclaSutra + 2 friends

Others that seem to be tentative are...
    Flybye
    Shiraz
    BikeDutchess

If you should be added to the attendance list, let us know. If the group seems to get large-ish, then we can make a reservation. How does that sound?

P.S. I'm not really that cranky most of the time...

Flybye and Shiraz

Here is a picture from a GREAT ride we did a couple of weeks ago.

So you'll know who to look for I have cropped Shiraz and I from the picture.
    I am the one who is not vertically (ahem) challenged!!

Several of the women from this picture will be at LRRH but do not have TE user names.
    Last edited by Flybye; 06-05-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Carbs, oh yes! Here is a quote from the book"Eat, pray and love" I am reading by Elizabeth Gilberts that is fitting :

No carb left behind! And that my friends is why I run and bike

I do prefer chocolate carbs over potatoe carbs!!

Thanks for posting the pics Flybye.
    Anita "Shiraz"

Quote Originally Posted by Flybye View Post

Alex, you are right. You NEED new tires. Wrecks aren't EVER our fault unless their are witnesses who call the crash "a spectacular display of courage". You will be the envy of every woman. Maybe I'll try to get some road rash between now and then, too. How are you feeling?
    FB, I didn't exactly dig deep in the suitcase of courage today, but I did sort of rummage around in the change purse of this might hurt. Got on the road bike for a few hours and was pleasantly surprised to discover that I felt great (so long as the bruise by my inner knee doesn't come into contact with the top tube).

There were no witnesses to yesterday's crash. DH told me not to wait for him, so I was ahead of him on the trail by quite a big margin. Let's put it this way. I had time to crash, dust myself off, and still get to the car and wait awhile for him to appear. The LBS is closed today, but I plan to get some new, wider, and grippier tires tomorrow. My new mtb has narrowish cross-country racing tires that just can't seem to hang onto rocks in the turns. (I've fully embraced the theory of equipment failure!)

To make this LRRH-related, I will check with my friends about dinner plans, The pizza/pasta place sounds nice. Waiting in line with 800 others, not so much!

Alex

I'd love to do the Firehouse with my friends as long as we make it early enough (6?) so we can still enjoy sunset, campfire and s'mores at Stella, my Airstream. Funny story about how I named her...

After my 1967 Safari's third window blew out while en route to San Fran to vacay with my sister (after two compartment doors flew away, all within a year), I was so sick of crying over the trailer. I wanted a name that was period-appropriate but calming and not self-destructive (which is why Marilyn got nixed).

Yellow (the not-cranky, wonderful person from TE) came and picked me up at the Salt Lake KOA to spare me staying in the now-full-of-fresh-air trailer. We hung out in her hot tub and talked about serendipity and being open to suggestion. Sure enough, the next day in The Kura Door spa, a masseuse walked up and said, "Is either of you named Stella?" No ... but that's a good name!

I only found out a month later that the wife of Wally Byam, who founded Airstream, was named Stella. Ever since she got her name, she hasn't lost another piece.

Dining out is so much cheaper when you're off the sauce... I'll be sure to have some other carb calories to make up for it. I seem to remember they had an amazing alfredo dipping sauce for the bread sticks?

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose ...” -- Dr. Seuss

Life's an adventure! http://www.lovenewsjh.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by CyclaSutra View Post
    Stella, my Airstream. Funny story about how I named her...

"Is either of you named Stella?" No ... but that's a good name!

I only found out a month later that the wife of Wally Byam, who founded Airstream, was named Stella.

I guess that I figured that you named her Stella because of one of my most favorite scenes from Seinfeld....................

Click and watch, SO FUNNY!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGfdpnsIy4E

Flybye, if I had ever seen A Streetcar Named Desire, it prolly would be funnier to me (hanging head in uncultured shame).

I've got a campsite (#10) for Fri-Sat at Guinivah/Malibu, five miles north of Logan in Logan Canyon if anyone wants to come over for s'mores after dinner! Can't wait. We'll be the ones with the shiny spaceship, license plate TRSH.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose ...” -- Dr. Seuss

Dinner Changes

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    So, I'll take a shot at this: Firehouse dinner attendees seem to be...
    yellow
    Lifesgreat
    CyclaSutra + 2 friends

Flybye
    Shiraz
    Louise
    Kathy
    Susan

Others that seem to be tentative are...

BikeDutchess

If you should be added to the attendance list, let us know. If the group seems to get large-ish, then we can make a reservation. How does that sound?

P.S. I'm not really that cranky most of the time...
    Hey there- it really sounds like most everyone wants to meet at the Firehouse, so Flybye and Shiraz and company will play along. We have officially changed plans again. 6:00 at the Firehouse. Can someone make reservations??

CyclaSutra ; malkin ; Lifesgreat ; surlypacer ; yellow ; BikeDutchess ; Shiraz ; Alex - I sent all of you a pm with the changes. Did I forget anyone???
    Last edited by Flybye; 06-02-2008 at 06:36 PM.

Oooh you double dipping diners are making me wonder why I didn't plan to go up for the night before!

Maybe next time I'll plan better...

Sadly I'm going to have to bow out of the TE dinner - and it sounds like so much fun, too. But I have to do the family thing to include the guys. Maybe I can join you ladies next year!

Uh, last time there was a man or two and children. They just sat far enough away so as to not be overcome with estrogen at dinner!

Mmmmm carbs!

Please add me and my two friends to the group assembling at the Firehouse.

Thanks!

Weather dot com is forecasting a high of 64 for Saturday. Sounds lovely!

Alex

Okie doke, here's the list for dinner at the Firehouse:

Lifesgreat
    Shiraz
    Flybye
    Susan
    Louise
    Kathy
    CyclaSutra + 2 friends
    Yellow
    Alex + 2 friends

Currently totaled at 13. I'll wait a day or so more and then make a reservation (just in case the Dutchess and her court want to join us)!

Friends!

Firehouse does not take reservations for Friday nights...so we either chance it or make plans to go somewhere else.

Also, I think we should make it 6:30. Since packet pickup starts at 5:00 and the whole process (getting your waiver, listening to the safety speech, and then picking up your schwag) takes about 0.5 hour, 6:00 might be pushing it to get from Wellsville to the pizza place. 6:30 would be more comfortable, I think.

I'm still up for the Firehouse. Just bear in mind that we might have to wait.

Y'all let me know if you think we need to move to "plan B".

(LAZB got a complete drive train cleaning today, complete with cluster, chain, and crank removal. Sooooo shiny! She's ready for Saturday!)