Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks V for the great travelogue, pics and all. Makes me want to go for a hike in the Mitchell Canyon area. Know about the falls up there?

Sorry we won't see you all tomorrow. But you'll be there in spirit that's for sure!

I rode over Highland Road and Camino Tassajara yesterday - more of the Cindy route. Highland was sooo windy. Granted I already had 60 miles in my legs and the climb over Morgan Territory. Tassajara was nice though!

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Thanks for the pix, Veronica! It's so beautiful, it's hard to believe it gets all brown and yucky. Diablo looks like a 'devil' to get up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    I rode over Highland Road and Camino Tassajara yesterday - more of the Cindy route. Highland was sooo windy. Granted I already had 60 miles in my legs and the climb over Morgan Territory. Tassajara was nice though!

V.

Did you get your miles in??...did you make your goal?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by nuthatch
    It's so beautiful, it's hard to believe it gets all brown and yucky.
    No, it gets "golden." And it really isn't yucky, I think it's beautiful here year round. Maybe it's an acquired taste.

Quote Originally Posted by aka_kim
    No, it gets "golden."
    Strike the "yucky"!!! I've only visiting your area once and I was struck by the wheat-colored hills with the lone oaks sprinkled around. I guess I was thinking about the dryness around my sister's place in Texas, which can be a bit grim sometimes (although beautiful in it's own way - don't want to rile you Texas girls!) Each area has it's own beauty and aren't we lucky to be going slow enough on our rides to actually enjoy it!!

I love the gold hills and the green valley oaks, especially in the evening light.