Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Add me to the Injured reserve list..

To disable ads, please log-in.

Boy when it rains it pours...
    Last week I was down with the stomach flu, and now my lower back is out.

I was running last friday and my back started bugging me, but I finished my run. WRONG thing to do!
    I've been to the Chiro the last two days in massive pain. Seems I've pulled a ligament in my lower back. Good thing is the spine is fine. But the ligaments may take some time to heal.
    I guess my lack of stretching- thus tight hamstrings- put stress on my lower back and it went...

Sigh.... And I've been wanting to get back into pilates...

Awwwwww

Sending good thoughts for quick healing!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

(((((((Hugs))))))) Take care of yourself.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Owie! I hope your back heals up quick! Remember to stretch! Those hamstrings are big big strong muscles and they sure make my back ache if I don't remember to stretch them.

Oh no, RM!

Are you doing any massage? A good sports massage in parallel with your chiro might really help. I started seeing a good massage guy recommended by my chiropractor, and he has done great things for my shoulder and hip (which has involved problems with my joints, hip flexors, ligaments, gluteus, pubic symphysis - which I didn't know existed until my chiropractor poked it - you name it).

(I thought getting massages from a guy would be weird, but this guy's technique is very different... more like active massage/stretching than relaxation massage or pressure points, and all clothes on.)

I remember when I injured my shoulder that everything seemed to go to h-e-double-hockey-sticks all at once. It was SUPER frustrating. I had to have an MRI with contrast, got sick, felt miserable, and was still in pain, all at once. You're strong, you'll get through it. But... if you can afford the time and cost... overload yourself with things that feel good in the meantime.

Sorry RM...hugs....I hope you feel better soon...

Hey, RM, remember that your internal organs - those same ones that were involved with that "stomach flu" are fascially (sp?) attached to muscles in your lower back. Being sick probably *caused* the lower back injury. I found integrated massage and acupuncture most helpful for this kind of pain / injury.

Either way, sending lots of healing and relaxing butterflies your way. You deserve to feel wonderful, strong and fantastic, and you again soon!

Hugs and butterflies,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Sorry to hear about your back. that happened to me back in 2000. It keeps coming back if I do not stretch the hamstrings. Keep up the stretching and core strengthening.

RM I hope you heal quickly!
    Marcie

Any Better?
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers