Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

oh

To disable ads, please log-in.

RM, please let your friend know good thoughts are being sent from Down under. May Justin heal & go home to his family.

Short story..in 2003(?) Jonnie Waddell (a local Perth guy) was a DH pro racer on the circuit in Quebec & missed a 20 ft drop..2 weeks in a coma, various broken bones, had to relearn everything..He's now one of the top XC racers in Aussie & now back on the Red Bull team..

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Denise, any updates on Justin?

Please let his mom know that we are all thinking of them. I was in a car accident 18 years ago with a serious head injury. I don't remember anything that day, my stay at the hospital... I lost my taste and smell for almost a year. Parents need support when their child is hurt. Give them my love.

Best wishes from South Dakota too!

RM

I noticed you mentioned sending something to the hospital. If he is in ICU, they are usually pretty strict about what can be in the rooms, no flowers, plants, etc. My suggestion if you want to do something is instead of flowers, the usual, when you go see the parents, take some food or snacks to them. If she is like most of us, she will not be eating well, and she really needs to keep up her strength. Just a thought from someone who has had a child in ICU.

Another Update

Another not so good update.
    I talked to Justins mom this morning. They had taken him down to pull some spinal fluid to test it for menengitis (sp?).
    They think that all the blood that pooled inside him may have caused it.
    She was lamenting that every time she turns around it's something new- and awful.
    But he does have AWESOME doctors, so he's very lucky.
    Every time I talk to her I try to say something inspirational and positive, but it sure is hard to know what to say.
    sigh...
    Speaking of a positive note... Intense is coming through BIG TIME!! They are sending him a cool new helmet, and she said she was going to find some other stuff to send him as well.
    He really loves his Intense, and talks the company up all the time. So they are rallying behind him. It's so nice to deal with such a wonderful company. And his mom was touched by all of our kindness.
    Ok, got a customer- gotta go get to work.
    Continue your prayers! And thanks for caring!
    Denise

Keep strong Justin. More positive energy your way..

Hi Denise

I have only just read this, how awful.

Am sending everything I can, so prayers, hopes and hugs for all from the UK.

If any fund is set up, PM me in case I do not see it and I will gladly contribute.

Sally x
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

So how is this for a small world??
    Today a customer came in with a shirt on from the hospital that he's in.
    I mentioned Justin and what was going on with him and she had him in her area today!! Whatever dept she works in was the dept he was in for testing. I asked her to take good care of him.
    She was a sweet caring lady, and I have no doubt that she will.
    small small world!

Quote Originally Posted by Running Mommy View Post
    She was a sweet caring lady, and I have no doubt that she will.
    small small world!
    With lots of wonderful people in it. Too bad it takes such an event for us to find out who some of them are. At least Justin is in good hands. Adding my positive, healing vibes to all the rest.
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

You guys (girls, ladies, women, etc) are just THE BEST!!
    I'm going to pass this thread on to his mom.

I just wanted to add a comment from a convo I had with another track mom today. Her son is a little guy- maybe 5. And she was saying that Justin is always encouraging the younger kids, and saying positive things to them like "that was a great run! Your getting faster" or "your doing so good!".
    So that just backs up what I already knew. This kid is special. And he has a purpose. He needs to be here!
    So again.... C'mon Justin! You can get through this buddy!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Short story..in 2003(?) Jonnie Waddell (a local Perth guy) was a DH pro racer on the circuit in Quebec & missed a 20 ft drop..2 weeks in a coma, various broken bones, had to relearn everything..He's now one of the top XC racers in Aussie & now back on the Red Bull team..
    CC, ya know him or anyone on the team? hint hint, nudge nudge signed jersey, hint.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

My heart goes out to his family. I send good healing vibes their way.
    Going to wipe a "parental" sympathizing tear from my eye...

May strength go to his Mom in this time of uncertainty!

Good morning all
    I was up in Page yesterday hiking the slot canyons with my family, so I wasn't able to speak with Justins mom. (BTW- the slots are AMAZING!)
    But I made it back lastnight to go to the track for practice.
    Word is the menengitis test was negative, but they still don't know what's going on. So it's very frustrating.
    Justin himslef is starting to talk a bit more. They are trying to get him to talk to figure out how badly the blow to his head affected him. I guess he talked for about 10 minutes.
    I was going to go today to the hospital, but it looks like the stuff from Intense is coming in tomorrow. So I might wait. Also the track owners are going down today, so I don't want to overwhelm the family.

Anyway, keep the prayers coming. I'll update you as I know more.

Talking is good.

Sounds like a tough kid. I'll be thinking about him.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes