Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

today I found a Nintendo DS along the road.

It works!

It was right in front of SKnot's old school, so I'll be calling the school to see if any of the kids have lost one.

I also "found" ("discovered" or "saw") a cruiser with pink rims and astroturf instead of paint on the frame. (the whole frame was covered in green astroturf!) It reminded me of Bill Nye's grass-covered car. (there is a brief glimpse of it in this video, but I can't find the vid of him driving it around Seattle http://youtube.com/watch?v=ymg7316fDCo )
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

By George, I found something interesting on my ride today. I found a pair of mens undies, briefs, that were white with red stripes. I left them where they lay. How in the world do you lose a pair of underwear???? That's one of those questions that I really DO NOT want the answer to.

A Nintendo DS?? Wow! At first I imagined a Nintendo 64 console - they are pretty big and then I realized that it was a DS that you found.

Tomorrow I'd like to find a big ol' bag of money.

Yesterday I found a child's winter scarf, baby blue. It was in a school one, so I suspect somebody lost it after cleaning out a locker at the end of school. Though it's smallish, it will be useful for riding in the cold. Too small to get tangled in anything.

My riding partner and I get a chuckle at some of the things we find along side the road, and we then have to make up stories about how they got there. Last year, outside a bar was a single high heeled strappy shoe, how did she manage to loose that? Lotsa Underpants-usually all boxers. Last week a box of condoms and several wrapped condoms next to it. Thinking they only needed one and didn't want to get caught with the evidence so they chucked it out the window. A full sized computer console- that resembles a tv, old bikes, tv's thrown out, lots of tires, odds and ends of gloves and hats, and the usual amount of garbage thrown out instead of disposing of properly.

Along the lines of the bodysuit stories . . .

DH has told me several times that he's seen a lady hiking along the state park wearing hot pink, shiney leggings with a leotard, wearing a camel back and using trekking poles. I didn't really believe him, I thought he got a little dehydrated and was having flash backs to the 80s.

Then a couple of weeks ago I did an early morning ride out by the park when I was blinded by hot pink, shiney leggings! Then nearly fell off my bike when I realized it was NOT a lady but a 40ish year old man with a mullet! In a leotard! I saw chest hair!
    Last edited by limewave; 05-27-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: added stuff
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post

DH has told me several times that he's seen a lady hiking along the state park wearing hot pink, shiney leggings with a leotard, wearing a camel back and using trekking poles. I didn't really believe him, I thought he got a little dehydrated and was having flash backs to the 80s.

Then a couple of weeks ago I did an early morning ride out by the park when I was blinded by hot pink, shiney leggings! Then nearly fell off my bike when I realized it was NOT a lady but a 40ish year old man with a mullet! In a leotard! I saw chest hair!
    LOL Oh my! To have a camera for that one would be priceless!
    "She who succeeds in gaining the master of the bicycle will gain the mastery of life." -Frances E. Willard
    My Cycling Blog | Requisite Bike Pics | Join the Team Estrogen group at Velog.com

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post

I hope you left him there!!!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    today I found a Nintendo DS along the road.

It works!
    What's a Nintendo DS?? I will guess and say a handheld video game?? (yeah...no kids here, can ya tell?)

DH and I have found several cellphones (3 that worked and were returned to their owners and one or 2 that were smooshed beyond repair).
    We found a great big honkin' bible. DH got to carry that one back to the church that was named on a sheet of paper inside it!
    It's amazing what people appear to put on the roof of their car before they drive away.....
    I once found the rechargeable battery for a flashlight from the local volunteer fire department.
    DH found a wind-proof lighter that went to my (then) smoking neighbors.
    And we have a fine collection of bungee cords, vice grips, screw drivers, and wrenches, courtesy of the side of the road.
    Haven't seen any strangely dressed (or undressed) men (thank goodness!), but I have seen more than my fill of dead animals....dear, squirrels, birds, and other unidentifiable flattened fauna.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by alpinerabbit View Post
    Sunday I saw a guy on a moderately decked out TT bike with TT helmet and believe me, a screaming yellow, shiny, full-body condom. I mean a full body suit. But what the hey was he doing on a ROAD wearing that thing. Doesn't it belong on the track?

I thought I was going bonkers.
    I wonder if he had just got something in his TT kit and was testing it out to see how the whole ensemble worked.
    Over here its not too unusual to see TT gear on the road as we have no track and our races are all run on the road. But usually people leave their body suits for race day only!

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

a telephone book! (large!!!)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Several times, I have come across the odd shoe on the side of the road. How does one shoe get there? Did the person not notice? Did they just run around with one shoe for the rest of the day?

Other than single shoes, we see bungie ties and some kind of white nylon ties that must come off of feed sacks or something (can't figure out why else there would be so many lying around the road in our area). I've almost gotten to the point where I don't automatically think, "akkk snake" when I see them -- almost Oh, and lots of road kill

Christy

Once riding my bike in the Lake Chabot area near castro valley in California, I was riding and a loose horse sans rider came running full tilt at me down the trail. Since I was a horse person, I got in front of him, waved him down and grabbed his reins to stop him. Do not do this at home if you do not know how!

A little while later, two people riding double came up on a horse to get the horse. I almost let him loose again and slapped him on the butt when they acted quite surly and never even thanked me for catching their horse! What is wrong with some people?

silly horse owners. I must say i'm impressed. I don't think anyone can outdo finding a horse!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Actually, I found a gun once. A 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    Actually, I found a gun once. A 9mm.
    lol!! what did you do with it?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA