Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Osteopenia

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    If you live in the PNW or a big city with the cavernous streets, you should worry about vitamin D. Here in the south, most of us don't have to worry about that end of the spectrum. The only way to avoid sun exposure is to stay inside your house all day every day. Even in the car, we are exposed to sun. I got a suntan on my left arm from driving from home in NW Arkansas to Austin, TX, in March. The tinted window was UP the whole time. So, there are lots of factors to consider about whether you should supplement or not.

There's also the study that says vitamin D supplementation may be immunosuppressant.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0125223302.htm

I think all things in moderation, including exposure to the sun.

Karen
    argh! thanks for the article. Sigh, i wish EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of life wasn't so d@mn complicated and confusing!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

More great responses - I love this board!

I've printed out the journal article referred to in the Science Daily article and plan to read it this weekend. I'll bring it to my MD's attention as well. Always something . . .

I have found the site below to be very helpful in my understanding of and my dealing with my osteopenia. Lots of good suggestions and information. And the research is cited, so you can go to the original articles if you choose.

http://www.osteopenia3.com/index.html

Oh, good find BeeLady!