Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

finally over my cough!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I can breath!!! What a wonderful thing that is...

Had a hard time breathing on Cinderella ride. Got sick with hacking cough about a week or two before the Cindy ride. Recovered enough for the get together dinner and ride was okay except for tightness in my chest.

Then Wildflower ride, I was still hacking!!! so did the 50 miler route. Thought I was getting over it NOT!

Then two week was Canejo ride. I really wasn't feeling well. Even changed my plan to do the short 35 miler only to dump it DNF'ed it. coughing my head off and one other thing.

Finally last Friday, I more or less stopped coughing/hacking. Managed to do a 30 miler. Oh Soo out of shape now. Maybe I can get back on my bike more regularly. Doing the fun ride without training is wee bit beyond me.

I've been under this bug for like 7 or 8 weeks now?? Has anyone been sick this LOOOONNNGGG? It sems my cold/flu last for weeks on end as I get older. None of this sick one day over it the next and completely over it in a week thing. Is it me getting weaker or the bugs getting stronger.

smilingcat

Being ill really makes you appreciate good health that's for sure.

Glad you are on the mend at least you kept spinning your way along.

It was a bit of bad health that inspired me to cycle, so i guess it can be good in a way lol

Hope the bug disappears soon, some people just take shorter to get over things sometimes.
    Depending on how severe that is!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    I've been under this bug for like 7 or 8 weeks now?? Has anyone been sick this LOOOONNNGGG? It sems my cold/flu last for weeks on end as I get older. None of this sick one day over it the next and completely over it in a week thing. Is it me getting weaker or the bugs getting stronger.

smilingcat
    Just checking- do you eat a lot of microwave popcorn?
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I had bronchitis in December and it lasted for about 5 weeks. My co-worker also had bronchitis this year and hers lasted 8 weeks. My doctor said it can last 4-6 weeks.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Is there a possibility of a popcorn-cough connection?

I got bronchitis in March 2006. Then it lingered a month. Then two, and three. Then they thought maybe it was asthma. Then finally I started coughing up blood and they did a CT scan and realized it was pulmonary emboli.

I'm not saying it is anything like that, but I am saying don't ignore stuff that lingers and make sure your doctors check you out thoroughly. A little more thoroughly than mine did initially.

I am glad you can breathe again!!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    Is there a possibility of a popcorn-cough connection?
    Yes indeed there is, but only with microwave popcorn. Google "popcorn lung". It's a very real illness and popcorn factory workers have died from it.

I am now convinced that this is what was making me sick all winter and my doctor couldn't figure out what was wrong, I went to him three times about it. I was eating microwave popcorn every other night, on a kick all winter with it. All winter I kept getting sick- headaches, raging sore throat, tickling coughing, ear aches, mucus....same symptoms over and over. I was miserable.
    Now I make my own homemade popcorn and am not sick anymore. This is just a thought in case she is eating a lot of microwave popcorn- might be something to look into.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well we just got a supersized version of "medium" bag of pop corn, kettle corn to be precise. Nope that ain't it for my cough.

Coughing up blood is really bad!!

Mine has been just hacking. Just a stubborn viral thing. Not much one can do but to outlast it somehow though it's gotten to be really old yuck.

Thank you to all the ladies who have responded. Just talking about it really helped me with my psyche. The coughing is not only annoying, it was getting me bit down, unable to ride and feeling lethargic.

Did go out on my TT bike at lunchtime Monday. Just an easy 10 miler boy was it hot hot hot!!!

thank you
    smilingcat