Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Quality forum

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    How come? Do you at least put a thumbprint in the pie crust?
    are you kidding? Do you think i'd mess with a Raleighdon Pie??? he makes them FOR me sometimes, and sometimes he even lets me peel the apples.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    are you kidding? Do you think i'd mess with a Raleighdon Pie??? he makes them FOR me sometimes, and sometimes he even lets me peel the apples.
    all the good men are taken
    Does he have a brother?
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

He has sons
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    all the good men are taken
    Does he have a brother?
    I'm sorry to say that he has two brothers. Believe me, you don't want to come near either of these @##%#%#.

neither has been able to hold a steady job in their entire life. One is currently on full disability and spends his free time playing bridge, the other... honestly, i am not sure what he's doing because he's unemployable irrational and nasty... but he's a hard worker. HOwever, both are great cooks, make wonderful pies and one even makes sausage.

The reason i ended up with Raleighdon is because I dated his irrational nasty brother once.

and I have a very sweet son who is still available (the other is engaged) who has a career at this point as a TA at the university in grad school.
    Last edited by mimitabby; 05-24-2008 at 05:52 AM.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Ok you have a pie-making hubby, mimitabby.

My dearie..is really into making his own applesauce. After calculating how much it costs to feed his sugarless applesauce fix from store, he started to make the stuff every wk. for himself.

It's good, creative stuff....he buys a whole bag of apples at discount, chops it all up..and tosses in whatever his heart desires: fresh ginger root, cinnamon, crushed aniseed (it's a lovely addition), cardamon, nutmeg and sometimes fresh mint. It's a huge soup stockpot bubbling away..

EAts it all up every week with his daily yogurt. He gets real sensitive when I help myself to huge gobs of it.

For his birthday next month, I've bought one of his gifts....a real apple-peeling machine.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    and I have a very sweet son who is still available (the other is engaged) who has a career at this point as a TA at the university in grad school.
    Yep. Check the FS thread, he's up for offer. Didn't we suggest at some point a potential date review section? "date this guy, don't date this one"

Oh, don't know if this is a thread hijack or not, maybe no since it relates to good stuff we do around here (though there was some flaming of a newbie ). I quarterly send my Bicycling Magazines to MSG Hall and his guys in our Club Baghdad.

Good news for him and his family, he gets to come home in late July!
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Yes, these are all reasons I don't participate in any other forum. I do log my miles on BJ, but I don't read the posts or write any. I used to participate in an English teacher forum, but even that got testy once in awhile.
    And while we are patting each other on the back, I would like to (publicly) thank Triskelion Girl for sending 2 packages to my son in Iraq.
    And he is still available for any of the younger forum members. He'll be back in San Diego in October. He runs, rides (was a Cat 3 in high school), swims, and is a great cook. Financially responsible and very intelligent, if I may say so.

oh I hope I didn't confuse anyone- the flaming was not on TE- it was 'elsewhere'. One time was when I wanted to get some feedback on a bike I was contemplating buying- and it wasn't real constructive. Surprise surprise! Someone said it well- you tend to keep it real on here, which I like.

Flybye- loved your sig about criticism is for those that don't want friends. I think I'm going to get a shirt made with that one!