Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

We're riding Baby

To disable ads, please log-in.

Wahoooooo.
    There's still snow but hubby and I got out for our first 12 mile ride yesterday and it was a gorgeous 47 degrees. I even got up the mile and a half hill on the way home. Thanks to all who listened to me b.... and moan about the weather. Still snow in the forcast but Spring is in the air.
    Anybody else get out for their firsts.

Me too! I managed 22 miles yesterday, and plan to repeat that today. Rather than plan a route ahead of time, I chose the roads that were dry. I think that we're really lucky that most of this white stuff seems to be evaporating at this point and not melting all over the roads.

I am sending my wishes to the weather wizards to not bring the snow that is predicted for tonight!
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Sshhh Denise,
    Don't say that bad word, maybe the weather wizards won't find us. Glad you got out to ride too.
    Jody

It's spitting icey rain and I am sooo crabby about it. I changed out my pedals on my beater last night (in the warm and cozy living room of course!) and I really want to try them out.

Our snow (here in NJ) is just about all gone. I was also able to get out yesterday, if only a twelve miler. But yippee! no cold body parts, no sore shoulders from hunching up from being cold, and best of all, that wonderful rush from being free, female, and over 50 on my bike
    Of course, it is rainy again today, but that's OK, because I dropped off my bikes at the shop for their spring servicing.
    I can't ride again til Thursday.

To comment on the other post, yep, I think the trainer does pay off and I know for myself I don't have too much of a "breaking in period."

I also got out yesterday, 17 miles, better than nothing and it felt wonderful!

Yes, today was rainy so I searched for spring and summer jerseys.

Well I did another 12 today. What a gorgeous day. There was a bit of wind but not to bad. Now there's a winter storm watch out for us on Wed night. Geez, just when the snow was starting to disappear.
    Hey Karen, I bought the Brooks B17S and wow, what a difference. I have happy bum. How do you stop from sliding off the thing though? Its pretty slippery.

Unhappy

8 to 12 inches of snow!!! Are they kidding? Please, Please tell me it isn't going to happen again. I've tasted freedom. I can't go back to the basement and the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Surlygirl
    8 to 12 inches of snow!!! Are they kidding? Please, Please tell me it isn't going to happen again. I've tasted freedom. I can't go back to the basement and the trainer.
    And I thought they let some kid loose with paint and the kid just decided to color in the weather map! Here's hoping the forecast - which keeps changing - is totally off the wall. This has been one long, long winter. It seems to me that it started early (snow in November, before Thanksgiving), and it's going on much too long. And here I thought the roads would be clear for weekend riding...

Based on a comment on this map Wednesday evening, I realized that I hadn't given the appropriate credit for the picture. It came from the Boston area page of the National Weather Service website.
    Last edited by DeniseGoldberg; 03-23-2005 at 04:20 PM.
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.

We're riding Baby

Who is Baby?

Baby

Just good old New England Slang SadieKate. Ever listen to Boston Rob from Survivor who's now on the amazing race. He cracks me up. Boston slang to the max.

AHHHHH! I never complain about snow, but I am p*****. My students are scheduled to perform a play that we have been working on for 4 weeks tomorrow. Even having a delay will cause issues. Well, if it's nice in the PM I will x-country ski and hopefully the roads will be good enough on Friday, since I have the day off. I don't want to go to spin class! The weekend looks good.
    Nice map, Denise.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Maislin
    Nice map, Denise.
    Robyn -
    I can't take credit for the map - I just copied it from the National Weather Service web site! Here's the link to the NWS page for the Boston area - just click on the map (near your house) for the forecast.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/box/

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

Hey Karen, I bought the Brooks B17S and wow, what a difference. I have happy bum. How do you stop from sliding off the thing though? Its pretty slippery.

Jody:

I proofhide the saddle and that makes it much less slippery. I have the same as you, the B 17 S. I have been actively looking at Surly bikes lately because I am interested in either a mtn. bike or a cross bike to complement this rotton weather we seem to always get. Tell ya, when my kids are oput of school I am thinking of heading west!!! Nice that we avoided the foot expected last night. Conor and I will be riding tomorrow out towards Leominster....

karen

enjoy your new saddle

Hey Karen,
    If you decide on a Surly, check out alfred E. bike. www.aebike.com
    They had the best deals on them and you can get them built up or as a frame. They are great because FFF. Fatties Fit Fine, meaning fat tires, and there is room for fenders for all the slop. They are heavy but If you are using just as a pre-season bike it shouldn't matter. I put a carbon fork on mine which really helped and since I'm only 5 feet tall the 42cm cross fits pretty good.
    Good luck and have a great ride. Oh and I did proofhide the saddle and that seams to have helped, thanks.
    Jody