Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well... let me preface this with I have no concept of "travel time" BUT by referencing my trusty Rubel map I think I determined Billerica to be about center considering where folks were coming from.

Someone else should definitely take a look.

So far I have:

DeniseG in N. Andover
    Spazz in Medford
    MassBikeBabe in Worcester
    Robyn in Boxborough
    SurlyGirl in Grafton
    newfsmith in ???

Somebody with a brain better check the map
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

How about this?

I picked up the book Best Bike Rides - New England (4th Edition) by Paul Thomas.

It has a ride called the Hopkinton Cruise that starts and finishes in Hopkinton on the town green (near the marathon start). It goes Hopkinton -> Upton -> Northbridge -> Grafton -> Hopkinton.

Length - 41.2 miles
    Terrain - Rolling, some climbing in beginning, 1 mile ascent at 26 mile point.

Thoughts?

Figure we could plan it for a specific weekend and all meet at Hopkinton. May 7 or May 14 perhaps???

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Yooo-hooo!

Any takers? Comments? Anything......

spazz (hoping someone will come out and play)
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by spazzdog
    Yooo-hooo!
    Any takers? Comments? Anything......

spazz (hoping someone will come out and play)
    Hey Spazz -
    I'd love to meet everyone, and I'm willing to try a group ride - but my pace is pretty slow and I don't want to hold everyone up. That said, if we have a mapped out route and I need to slow down I can always make my way back to the car myself!

May 7th is probably out, but the 14th may work for me. I think I'd prefer a slightly shorter ride for this group effort though - maybe around 35 miles?
    --- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Oops!

I forgot to ask about that whole milage thing... good catch Denise!

OK Massachusetts grrls (or any New England grrls that want to make a trip):

To make a get-together, what dates are good for y'all (if my suggestions above not good, what is)? What milage is good? What area of the state are you willing to travel to for a ride?

Come on folks... speak up!

spazz
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Okay, okay, calm down spazz. Just got back from doing the East Bay. A little chilly and windy but it was fun. My seven year old even made it to the end and back (26 miles) then instantly fell asleep in the car on the way home.
    Anyway, I grew up in Hopkinton and know the loop you are talking about. It is pretty nice. Some hills though. I'd be up for a 35 mile or so ride and Denise there is no way you have to worry about being the slow poke!! I'll be right there at the back with you. Maybe I'll drive the route this week and figure out some good rest stops and places for everyone to meet if we get split up.
    The 14th of May sounds good to me.

I can do the 14th. The 15th I am doing the Acton Lions Cycle for Sight (50 miles), so this can be my warm up. Anyone else want to join me and my husband on the 15th? It's just a $30 sign up, no fund raising involved. I think registration closes on the 2nd of May. 35 miles sounds good. I'm in!

Did just under 30 miles late this afternoon, with the person I usually ride with. We did one of the more strenuous Harvard-Bolton loops, except I started and left from her house, which made it almost 10 miles longer. My husband met us at about mile 10 and he went home when the ride went by my house at mile 21. Good thing I left my car at my friend's house. It forced me to go longer.

Great grrls! And I''m sorry if I sounded impatient... I wasn't. Just thought folks wanted to set it up soon.

So... do we call it May 14 at Hopkinton?

Surly, if you want to do a bit of recon that would be great. The route in my book is stated at 41.2 but I'm sure we can shorten it by 5-6 with your guidance.

How 'bout you other MA grrls?

spazz
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Count me in for May 14th!
    --- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.

MA - TE grrls grp ride

OK... May 14, Hopkinton town green.

early or civilized? I'm thinking 10 AM, but am flexible.

spazz
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by spazzdog
    early or civilized? I'm thinking 10 AM, but am flexible.

spazz
    I vote for civilized - 10 am sounds great.
    --- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

10 AM is fine.
    Thanks for setting this up!

Okee-dokee!

It's on my calendar! Sat, May 14, 10 AM at Hopkinton town green.

Come one, come all!
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

I'm still interested in the next ride

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I got a nasty cat bite at work and typing was uncomfortable (riding is not). Unfortunately, I can't make the 14th, I already have non-refundable tickets to visit my Mom in Wisconsin that week-end. One of the rides I'm interested in doing this summer is the Claire Saltonstall bikeway. I was thinking of joining it in East Bridgewater and taking it to at least Plymouth if not to the Sagamore Bridge. By myself I would probably stop at Plymouth and return to Norwood thru Carver, Middleborough,Raynham, Norton, Mansfield/Easton. From Norwood & back would be roughly a century. I'm shooting for early August because late August to early September I'd like to try to do Norwood to Albany to visit my daughter. (By the way, Norwood is on the southern side of Rubel's Eastern Mass map, near the top.)

Hi gang,
    10 AM on the 14th sounds good to me. We should meet at the Gazebo. Hubby has offered to SAG for us if we need it. I'll check out the ride this week. Looking forward to meeting all of you finally.
    Jody