Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hard to go incognito in purple armwarmers.

Thanks for the ID. Fun to put some faces to names and I feel us left coasters can dominate the forum. We're just lucky that so many of us are fairly close geographically and our weather lets ride (at least off and on) throughout the year.

Post more pics as you do more rides! Share the fun!
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I also was very impressed with the purple arm warmers. Of course, I was wearing a long sleeved wool jersey... even had a jacket on for the first few minutes and last few minutes of the ride. I think all of those years in AZ did something to me! I happened to lurk on the southwest thread a few days ago and saw that someone said that they get up at 3 AM to ride (because it's so ****** hot). Although the rainy and cool spring is getting to me, I wouldn't trade it for 114 degrees.

Hoping to get a ride in when I get home, but, it looks so raw out, I might have to go to Pilates...

I would like to ride again the 5th. I will have to change one other committment, so I'll make that a tentative "I'll be there." Just got home from work, in the dark and drizzle, and I am beginning to think that it is never going to get better than March weather. The NoHo courses do look interesting, but I wouldn't know how to classify myself either. Of course all my vacation time is already committed, so that is really fantasy stuff for me.

Sat, June 18

Anybody doing a group ride on this day? Or a solo but wouldn't mind company?

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Spazz,

I am leading a group ride on the 18th. If you can stand the earthy crunchy AMC people (actually I know all of the people who have signed up except one),I would love to have you come. We leave from Blanchard Mem. School on Rt. 111 in Boxborough at 1 PM. Be there about 15 minutes early, because I have to give the "safety" shpiel. This is a 23.5 mile ride, with lots of climbing, but we are going at a "relaxed" pace. It will probably be like the pace of the ride we did a couple of weeks ago. Oh yea, and there's an ice cream stop at Hebert's Candy House in Bolton. If you can or want to come, let me know and I will give you more specific directions to the starting place. This is strictly a social group...

Robyn

Go ahead and PM me the directions (or post 'em out loud ). I'll give you a buzz Sat morning to confirm if I'll be there. I don't think I have your #, so PM that as well, if you don't mind.

Thanks for the invite.

spazzdog
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Riding on June 25

I'm popping over to the REI in Reading for the 10 AM Charles River Wheelmen ride. It's a 20 miler - they give out cue sheets, but generally lots of folks of varied abilities show for this.

Anybody wanna go? I'm meeting up with a bikeforum guy there.
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Maislin
    earthy crunchy AMC people
    I have to know. Is this the same as what I call the "Orgo-natch" folks here in the Republic of Davis? Birkenstocks required for membership?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    I have to know. Is this the same as what I call the "Orgo-natch" folks here in the Republic of Davis? Birkenstocks required for membership?
    Birkies are only for in town wear, Tevas and Merrells are the preferred footwear of the AMC types.

Thanks, Jean for setting the stereotype straight. I don't have Tevas, Birks, or Merrells (well, I have some Merrell snow boots), and i manage to get along with everyone in AMC.
    I do have a pair of Keene sandals. I think they would qualify to be in this category. I use them for canoeing and walking on the beach, etc.

Robyn
    Last edited by Crankin; 07-04-2005 at 05:51 AM. Reason: spelling