Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: How tall are you?

Voters
383. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-0 or shorter

31 8.09%
  • 5-1

26 6.79%
  • 5-2

27 7.05%
  • 5-3

41 10.70%
  • 5-4

54 14.10%
  • 5-5

37 9.66%
  • 5-6

45 11.75%
  • 5-7

48 12.53%
  • 5-8 or 5-9

48 12.53%
  • 5-10 or taller

26 6.79%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm 5' 4" and ride a 2007 Specialized Sirrus, Women's small.

I'm 5'1" - not sure of my inseam but it's around 28 or 29 I think.

I have a Fuji Finest 2.0 xs (44 cm)
    I'm relatively new to this, but it seems okay. I can stand over it, and I have ridden 35-40 miles without any complaints (except sometimes a tired seat!)

Sharon

I'm 4' 11". Ride a Ironhorse 43 cm . Ordered a 44cm Cannondale Synapse wsd which is due to arrive 9/25 waiting desperetly for it . My standover is 27 1/2 really bad problem finding a bike.

5'3.5" and some change, so I rounded up. I ride a non-wsd 51cm Jamis Ventura Race. I am ok on either non/wsd bikes, but I feel more comfortable on the non-wsd because of (I suspect) my long arms and broad shoulders.

I'm 5'7 and I ride a 54cm Specialized Cirrus....Fits perfect! I have pretty short legs and a long torso. I love to ride in Keen shoes...
    Last edited by Sadie; 09-20-2009 at 07:40 PM.

I'm 5'9". My husband is 6'6". We have a grown son and a grown daughter. Our daughter is 5'9" like me and our son is 6'6" like my husband. We have 4 grandchildren, ages 2 - 10. They may outgrow us.

:: stands next to Lakerider ::

I'm 5'10". My exhusband (father of my spawn) is 6'5"; our spawn is about 6'3" and still growing.

As the ex likes to put it (still...!), I'm the "runt of the litter," as in the shortest of my generation in my family. SUCH a nice guy, that one!!

Quote Originally Posted by owlice View Post
    :: stands next to Lakerider ::

I'm 5'10". My exhusband (father of my spawn) is 6'5"; our spawn is about 6'3" and still growing.

As the ex likes to put it (still...!), I'm the "runt of the litter," as in the shortest of my generation in my family. SUCH a nice guy, that one!!
    At 5'10 you are no runt!

But I know what that is like. I am 5'7 and fairly tall for the average but the shortest in my family.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    5'1". Am the shortest and lightest in my family. Rest of 5 siblings are only abit taller 5'2" -5'-4".
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I'm 5'9" and ride a Cannondale CAAD9. My dh and LBS basically picked my bike for me, cause I had no clue. It was originally going to be a Ruby, but then they devised a different plan, partially because I'm so tall and don't technically need a WS bike. Dh was upgrading his bike to the Cannondale System Six, but already had very nice components on his CAAD8, including DuraAce. Our LBS was able to get us a screamin' deal on a CAAD9 frame and they put all dh's components on it. I ended up with an extremely nice bike, lighter with better components than I would have gotten. I have two friends who are about 5'6", who have the Ruby and love it.

One difference I ended up making recently, that didn't work for me as a woman, was changing the handlebars. I was never comfortable in the drops before and finally switched to smaller, compact handlebars and it made a huge difference. I use my drops all the time now and can brake and shift fine. My handlebars aren't called women specific. They are just called compact or something, for "people" with smaller framed bodies, whether a small man or a woman.
    GO RIDE YOUR BIKE!!!

2009 Cannondale Super Six High Modulus / SRAM Red / Selle San Marco Mantra

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
    5'8"
    Shoe size 10.5-11
    I like being tall except for when I shop for clothes and shoes.
    I ride a Specialized Ruby Comp, frame size 54 cm. Women's specific. Professional bike fitter says that is is "just right".
    It's easier to find men's stuff - bikes and shoes - than women's in my size. I had to purchase men's Sidi's.
    I feel some of Flybye's pain...(though she didn't really sound like she was in pain). I am 5' 10 1/2" with a size 11 foot. They dont even make a woman's cycling shoe in that size. Most top out at 42.5 maaaaybe 43cm. So it's off to the men's shoes which never really seem to fit right.

Bike? Kuota Kebel, (56cm, not WSD). Again, they don't make a WSD large enough for someone of my vertical stature. But that isn't really a problem because the only real difference on a WSD are things that really don't apply to me anyway, (smaller hands, shorter legs, shorter reach...) I love my Kuota and I have from the first day I pushed on the pedal for the first time.
    Last edited by Kuota Rider; 09-23-2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Additional information
    Karen
    It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of a bicycle, must be in want of another one.
    My current love is a Kuota Kebel. Maybe I need a Kuota Kalibur so I can be more aerodynamic...

My poor husband....

How tall are you?

Standing 5'5", have been riding a WSD Giant Suede for the last couple of years. Still love it for cruising around and getting in exercise. The seat is as high as it is safe to set it because my legs must be longer than average?

I switched the handlebars from the original flat bar risers to North Road style and love how my wrists and forearms feel much more relaxed even after 10 miles or more.

5'4", plain average
    I never found any benefit from any 'women specific' items, whether bikes or clothing. WSD bicycles have top tubes way too short for me - so I always buy non-women-specific bikes. Always used Bianchi and bought different sizes depending on the models (44-50cm). They all fit well with pretty much stock components. Over 30 years of Bianchi... wow, I'm old!
    Over the years I have owned one Lapierre, one BMC, and one Giant - and they all fit well. The BMC was their S, the Lapierre was 46, and the Giant is a XS time trial bicycle.
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes