Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: How tall are you?

Voters
383. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-0 or shorter

31 8.09%
  • 5-1

26 6.79%
  • 5-2

27 7.05%
  • 5-3

41 10.70%
  • 5-4

54 14.10%
  • 5-5

37 9.66%
  • 5-6

45 11.75%
  • 5-7

48 12.53%
  • 5-8 or 5-9

48 12.53%
  • 5-10 or taller

26 6.79%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm 5'6" and I should be riding a 54cm frame, but I have super short torso (like the top of my head cannot be seen from the back of my car - I look like a little kid driving). Anyhoo... I have a 50cm Bianchi eros donna and it is the first bike in my entire life that has fit me well! It is SO much fun riding a bike that feels like an extension of my body!

I'm glad we're at least shaping into a normal curve. When I first checked in, it had some weird bimodal thang going.

Quote Originally Posted by LBTC View Post
    5' 1.5", but rounded down to 5'1" My new Canondale Synapse is a 48cm and not WSD, as they told me there is no difference between standard and WSD geometry in such a small size. I think my 28" inseam means I have kind of long legs, since my DH has the same inseam and he's 4" taller than me. Finding high end ladies items like shoes, clothing, etc, is painful enough, let alone finding it in small sizes. Apparently we're all too unique for products to be made for us!
    Me too, T -- same height, same inseam, and voted the same too (couldn't decide whether to round up or down but finally rounded down because frankly, I'm shrinking! I used to be 5'2-1/2"!

I have ridden a Terry Isis 17.5" (44.5cm), a 46cm Aegis Swift, and my Bike Friday was made to my specs so doesn't have a size per se, other than XS. Ride an XS Titus Racer X MTB, and my hardtail from REI was the smallest women's size.

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
    5'8"
    Shoe size 10.5-11
    I like being tall except for when I shop for clothes and shoes.
    My mother, bless her heart, is 5'11 and wears a 11 1/2 narrow shoe. She grew up during the Depression and learned to make her clothes. I don't know how she managed to find women's shoes in her size, but she did. I have a hard time finding 10's anymore. The kids today are larger and are wearing more 10's and 11's.

We probably have the same issue with clothes altho since I've been cycling for almost 5 yrs now and lost about 25 lbs, regular size clothing hasn't been an issue for me. Where I get into to a problem is with women's cycling clothes. Knickers and tights are too short most of the time in the size I should wear so I have to get a larger size for the length, and jerseys aren't usually long enough. For jerseys I often get a men's size as it fits better in the torso area and arm length as well.
    Bike Goddess, I have the same issue with tights and jerseys. Though I have that issue with a lot of clothes, not just cycling. I was this height in the 6th grade with 10 feet, I thought I was going to be 7 feet tall before I was done

Great Job on losing the weight, I'm hoping to lose about 15 lbs so hopefully cycling will work its magic for me

My short legged buddy and I always laugh when we wear knickers....his could almost be tights for being so long and mine shorts, just above the knee.

Size 9 or 9 1/2 depending on the shoe.
    5'8 and some, 35" inseam, arms to match (proportionately), no torso whatsoever. When I was 2 the doctor predicted my height would top out at 4'8". Apparently only my middle was listening, someone forgot to mention this to the rest of me.
    56cm Raleigh with shorter stem and half a mile of seat post hanging out.

Fits me pretty well though I am sometimes teased for confusing it with the mountain bike on account of all that room between seat and top tube.
    Last edited by singletrackmind; 05-09-2008 at 07:57 PM.
    I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

I'm 5'7.5'', 30'' inseam. (voted 5'7'').

My road bike is a 54cm WSD Specialized allez vita. Seems to be a good fit, though i do have a pretty short stem on it...and in a perfect world i'd make the top tube 2cm smaller (it's about 53cm).

Also have a 52 cm (men's i suppose) Kona Jake the Snake. top tupe is 54cm. tiny stem on that one too. (I'll go with the 49 next time, thank you very much).

5'6 and I ride a Fuji Finest 2.0

I so want a Specialized Ruby though! Maybe next year When i'm good enough for that bike.

5' 3" an extra small Giant fits me, as does a 48cm Specialized Ruby Expert.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

5'7" and a 1/2! Specialized Sequoia Elite (not sure on size... ok, I admitted it!)
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

I already posted I am towering over 4th graders at 5'2".

My old bike was a 48 cm Fuji, shorter stem added. New bike is a Cannondale Synapse 47 cm, off the rack except the saddle. I have absolutely no torso and long legs for a short person. Typical WSD bike body.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

5'2" or 5'3" if i am working out my bmi

47cm cannondale synapse feminine - perfect fit

I'm 5'7" and I have a 2.3 WSD trek that is 54.

I'm 5'3" I think, why don't you guys learn the metric system?! 160cm anyway, I kill those pointing out that's only in the morning. So don't even start.

I ride a Ciöcc Morpho 2 2005 Special Edition, size XS. It's tiny, it's not WSD, but it fits me really well. Trying to get a decent bike with a decent kit for tiny women is almost hopeless in this country though, hence my Italian imported beauty. And I've already posted my frustration over all those bike sellers telling me that "no-one buys bikes like that". Well, no wonder when they're never in stock! So I support the idea that they may be a little out of synch with their customers.

But hey, it's picking up here in the Arctic as well, road cycling has really picked up the last few years - possibly a consequence of TdF and the Giro being broadcast on commonly available tv channels, and of course the fact that there have been two excellent Norwegian riders in these stage races the last few years.
    Think orange. Earn success.

5'0". Normal leg and torso length. Trek 1000, 45cm. Really small hands so I'm having to upgrade the shifters so I can reach them.