Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: How tall are you?

Voters
383. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-0 or shorter

31 8.09%
  • 5-1

26 6.79%
  • 5-2

27 7.05%
  • 5-3

41 10.70%
  • 5-4

54 14.10%
  • 5-5

37 9.66%
  • 5-6

45 11.75%
  • 5-7

48 12.53%
  • 5-8 or 5-9

48 12.53%
  • 5-10 or taller

26 6.79%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Blue!!! How ya been?

5'7" with relatively long torso. I definitely fit better on a men's frame, but one with a slightly shorter top tube than average. I can't fit WSD frames sometimes because they are too short. For eg - the WSD trek TT bike would be out of the question, even in a large.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

5'8" and a quarter or so...Large Giant Wimmens FCR.
    I like the short reach on the brakes; overall, the fit is good, probably not perfect, but I'm not clever enough to figure out what should be different.

5'2", 48" Specialized Dolce Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by michelem View Post
    Petite pants are a tad too short (perfect until I wash them, and then they are too short).
    I know exactly what you mean!

Quote Originally Posted by michelem View Post
    ...No wonder I HATE/LOATH shopping and still wear clothes I've had for going on 10 years. I should be featured on What Not to Wear . . .
    Same here, I'm tall but heavy and all the pants I find have a 30" inseam (above my ankle)...the manufacturers assume if you're fat you must also be three feet tall.

I'm 5' 7 1/2" with long legs and short torso-hands. I've been riding a 57 bianchi eros. Fit was great for my legs, but the reach was too long. I have a new 54 wsd trek madone. I can finally ride in the hoods, but still have a hard time reaching brakes in the drops. I hope shims will help that problem.

5' 3" and some so voted for 5'-3" and I'm growing in the wrong way

XS frame on specialized Transition Pro TT bike.
    small frame on K2 Mod6 road bike.

I can get away on 51cm Roubaix... or 48cm trek pilot 2.1 wsd

smilingcat

height

5'4" with very short torso and arms. Always hard to get good stand over and be able to reach the bars!! I typically have to short stem anything I buy.

5'1.5" I ride a 47cm Cannondale Synapse 6 Feminine. Love it. Dreaming of a Terry Isis Sport.......
    Kristen!

5' 10", I have a 34" inseam. Specialized Roubaix 58 cm. I did put on shorter stem.

funny, i'm 5'3 1/2" but i tell everyone i'm 5'3"

and of course i ride a custom bike.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I am 5' 1", but I think I may have shrunk a half inch.
    I ride a 51 cm Kuota Kredo with a sloping top tube. I was sort of not smart about buying this bike. I feel OK on it, but I can barely stand over it. I'm fine when I come to a stop, since I'm leaning on one foot, usually. I have narrow bars (38 cm) and I just put shims in the brake levers. But, I still don't feel comfortable descending in the drops. I don't know whether it's me (just being scared) or the fit. I have been professionally fitted for this bike, computer, laser, the whole thing. I'd love to get the Poco Salsa bars, but my ergonomic carbon bars were just too much $ to get rid of, and I don't want to put aluminum bars on a carbon bike.
    My last bike was a 47 cm Trek 5200 wsd. The stand over was better, but I had a lot of neck and back issues with that bike that I don't have now. I upgraded . to Dura Ace because I could never shift to the big ring. I wonder if I ever can find a bike that addresses all of my issues...
    My Jamis Coda is a 44 cm hybrid and I have a "small" 15" mountain bike, that I think is a bit too big for me.
    I have no problems buying clothes in petite sizes, but in the last two years, pant lengths have gone from 28 or 29, to 30, which is too long for me, unless I am wearing heels.

look at that bar graph.
    an almost perfect bell curve.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

we need another hundred entries and it will smooth out even better
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

5' - 1/2"

My frame is a Rodriguez size S1. The seat tube measures 43 cm from center of bottom bracket to top of seat tube.

I think a lot of petite women are discouraged by the difficulty/expense of finding an entry-level bike. It's hard to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on equipment when you're just wanting to try things out and see if it's an activity you enjoy.

Lynn 39 and I could share bikes! We're the same height and ride the same frame size!

I'd like the stem on my Jamis bike to be a bit shorter (have an adjustable stem on it right now), but haven't done that yet.

We probably have the same issue with clothes altho since I've been cycling for almost 5 yrs now and lost about 25 lbs, regular size clothing hasn't been an issue for me. Where I get into to a problem is with women's cycling clothes. Knickers and tights are too short most of the time in the size I should wear so I have to get a larger size for the length, and jerseys aren't usually long enough. For jerseys I often get a men's size as it fits better in the torso area and arm length as well.
    Nancy