Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Finally!

Hybrid View

Finally!

After being immensly frustrated with my bike and pretty much giving up cycling for a while my mood has turned and there is a beacon of hope!

That beacon would be........

A NEW LUNA! I just payed the downpayment and now have to wait 6-7 months for Margo to build it. I don't know if I can wait that long, but I guess I'll have to!

In the meantime I'll only be able to do short rides on my current bike as I get horrible pains in my back, shoulders, arms and hands if I ride for longer than a half an hour.

Any suggestions on paint schemes??? I know I'll probably never buy a new frame again so I want something classic that looks nifty.

I've been off the site for a while, so it's fun to see all the old posts and catch up with what everyone has been doing.

Have you looked at the photo gallery on the Luna site?
    Some nice stuff there, like the pink fade to purple, the cobalt blue, or the pokey-dot!
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

The pink fade to purple is my Orbit! It's pretty.

I like Lisa's paint (Bee Bike).

I have two Lunas--the aforementioned Orbit and a pink Eclipse. I love both bikes. What components are you getting? What model?

I have a red Luna Eclipse that has little gold flecks in the paint and it looks awesome in the sunlight.

I love my Luna. It is my bike with the most soul for sure!

Looking forward to seeing your pics when it comes!
    Last edited by hirakukibou; 05-09-2008 at 03:38 AM.

I'm getting the Eclipse with Ultegra components (still researching Campy vs. Ultegra but something in that Gold build kit range). It'll be a step up from my current 105s.

The paint decision is really vexing me (though I have quite a while to decide). I like the idea of the flecked paint, do you have any pics up on TE? I'd really like to go with something black but am worried if I eat it the scratching (if any) would be more noticeable. Am I just being weird about that?

I have looked at the website and there are so many options it's hard to make a decision. I wish I could pick more than one but the hubby probably wouldn't let me get 2!

I know what you mean. If a bike came in just one color, I wouldn't think too much about it. When you have choices -- somehow they just loom so large, and it has to be *perfect*. I had the same problem with my mountain bike.
    monique