Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

yeah...I was going to say that the Volpe is, in fact, steel....

I tried one before I got my Aurora (Jamis) and really liked it....and I have a PBH of 28.5...
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

Celerystalksme, did you find a bike? You have to let us shorter folk know.
    Thanks TE! You pushed me half way over!
    http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/seagull08/tnguyen

Quote Originally Posted by madscot13 View Post
    Celerystalksme, did you find a bike? You have to let us shorter folk know.
    yes, i found a bike! i got a great ebay deal! it's a 2007 Blue CX6.5! i got it for $810 + shipping. GREAT deal on a bike that was test ridden once! the owner won the bike at a cyclocross event...tried it once..decided to sell it for money because she was sticking with her Seven Mudhoney. the bike is nearly FLAWLESS. it would have run me $2000+ if i bought it new.

ultegra/105 mix...xero lite whees...decent components throughout...

the top tube is perfect length. the standover is TIGHT but i was told standover is not important...and so far i have found that to be true.

here's a pic soon after i got it. i have adjust seat height and position, put some pedas on, adjusted bars since the pic. if anyone wants, i can post new pics later!

cool - I didn't even know Blue made a CX bike
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

that looks pretty snazzy. I'm happy you found something that worked out.

ps is that a row of cameras on your countertop?

That bike is awesome!

that looks pretty snazzy. I'm happy you found something that worked out.

ps is that a row of cameras on your countertop?
    yes it is! i have migrated from one expensive hobby to the next. first it was rc cars...then it was modifying real cars...then it was photography...now it's cycling! i've actually sold off most of my cameras and photography equipment to keep my cycling addiction going. i've gotten rid of all my medium formats...slr's...except couple. but i still have around $6000 worth of point and shoots left...very nice p&s cameras, a few of them worth $1000 a piece.

but i'm already planning to rid myself of most of them to finance a bling bling road bike (something like a parlee or cyfac...or look if i don't want to bother going custom). it's time to graduate from specialized, though she has served me well!

yes one expensive hobby to the next. Do you have a darkroom also then? I want a medium format camera but I find the slow death of film to be a bit of a hindrance and if you don't develop the pics yourself, you end up paying a lot more than you should.

have you figured out what you are doing about the shifters?

yes one expensive hobby to the next. Do you have a darkroom also then? I want a medium format camera but I find the slow death of film to be a bit of a hindrance and if you don't develop the pics yourself, you end up paying a lot more than you should.

have you figured out what you are doing about the shifters?
    nope, no darkroom. my university charges very reasonable rates for faculty and students. so i use them. if i want ridiculous pro results, i use this commercial place that does print work for national television, movies, and sports...they charge very reasonable rates for individual customers.

the death of film is what prompted me to starting liquidating my cameras! the rest must go!!!!!!!!!!!

as far as the shifters...i think i'll try using those specialized shimano shims. if that doesn't do it, i'm going SRAM all over!