Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Another car hitting cyclists - this time, it's me!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Car hit me and DGF, Linda while we were in the crosswalk of a trail yesterday - whew! Am banged up pretty bad, but we're both grateful to be alive, for sure! My beautiful Seven was not so lucky though and it's totally wrecked ...the police are holding it as evidence and I was told that the driver was arrested on a felony and her car impounded too. I know that she came out of no where driving fast in that unoccupied lane and skidded hard into me...am very, very lucky, I know, and now having to deal with the injuries and legalites and insurance - ugh...
    It happened on the Interurban trail in Auburn yesterday afternoon, so if any of you were in the area or live in the south end, have heard anything more, could you PM me please?
    That's enough plucking on the keys for now...(and I'd say to be safe out there, but I am and I was and this was seemingly about a tame a ride as I've done...just ironic that I've done rides across many states/thousands of miles and this happens here...oh well
    enjoy the tailwinds for me for a while girls, ok?
    Mary

{{{{Mary}}}}
    Wow, I am so glad you walked away (sort of). I am glad the police are taking this serious. We know this can happen to any of us. We, individually, are careful, but it is the other person we have no control over. Please take care of yourself...

Oh oh oh! Mary, I am so sorry! But so glad you're okay enough to post. Let us PNWers know if you need anything at all, okay? And I'm so sorry about the bike. too. Jeez. Love to you both.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Oh Dear
    This is always awful news to read - but somehow worse when it is someone you have connections with... Hugs from another TE-er (gentle ones).

I take it you have no breaks? You both just sustained bruising and cuts? I guess that is good because it is less time to heal, but all of us here know it is more than just physical healing.

Awful to hear about your bike too. I have sat with several people who have come off their bikes during racing, and all of them have been more worried about their bikes than themselves...

Can someone explain to me "on the cross-wlk of a trail"? Is that like a pedestrian crossing where bikes can cross over a road? I am just confused because over here, cars would not be on trails...

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Road raven, in our area, we have a lot of bike trails which cut across streets.
    Most of them are marked very clearly with a normal crosswalk paint job and signs; as they go across the street.

Mary, i am so sorry to hear you were hurt and that your bike is now just "evidence"

Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

(((((((Mary))))))) Wow, so glad you're going to be okay, and so sorry that you're going through this.

Mary, so sorry for this experience you're having! I'm sending you lots of butterflies to help you heal and to help the whole process and legalities part of this be as easy as it can be.

If you'd like to receive a photo in your email each day, to give you a bit of beauty, especially as you recover, let me know your addy and I'll put you on the list.

Gentle hugs,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

(((Mary))) oh, thats terrible. I'm so glad you weren't hurt any worse. I hope you have a quick recovery, take care.
    do not medel in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup

I hope you feel better soon. Big hug!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    That is just AWFUL. I just am so glad you are not critically injured, or your DGF either. I hope that driver gets the book.
    Please get well soon.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

((((((M and L)))))I pm'd you. Call me if you need anything. I'm right in your neighborhood! I can be there in 5 minutes!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

(((((M & L))))) We are soooooo lucky you are both ok, well .... that is good enough to type. I'm glad the police are taking action.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Hugs and butterflies to you both!!! I saw a post over on OT Australia and went I'm so relieved to see you both came away from this with only minor injuries! The butterflies are carrying over some virtual arnica for the bruises. Hope you both get well quick!
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Isn't it "funny" how being lucky can seem so darn unlucky?

I'm glad you're still here and in good enough shape to post.
    monique

(((((((M & L)))))))) - that's terrible. Thank you for finding the time and strength to tell us about it. Rest well and get better and let me know if there is something I can do to help you. It's terrible that you were injured and I don't want to minimize that. But........ your seven!!!! OMG. That bike was fabulous and you were so careful with it and loving. How sad.

Thinking and sending healing thoughts to the both of you.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS