Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    That puppy IS smiling!
    That's because the puppy has just been told s/he can pee on all of the drivers shoes.

Check out that knowing grin on the puppy in back.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

(((((M&L)))))))

How are you doing today????

We need an update!!!!

Thinking of you and sending feel good vibes your way!!
    DeAnna

Never take life seriously.
    Nobody gets out alive anyway

she's going to the dr and the lawyer today.
    I'm sure she'll check in again.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Hey all...thanks so much for your kind messages and those puppies gave me a great big grin, Queen thanks!
    Am headed to my doc again...gotta get all of the lacerations checked/bandages changed...am only too aware of my "soft tissue injuries" today...ugh! Linda has back and rib pain, but we're both very aware and oh so grateful that we're 1) alive to talk about (and whine/there always has to be good-natured whining, right?) - then it's to the attorney...as he's not only a bike commuter, but has a custom bike himself (NOT as beautiful as my precious Seven though rest in peace, Joy (as in joy ride, that was her name)...both bikes are still with the Police dept, as evidence. The main charge is DUI, mallotpois and the driver also admitted to reaching into the back seat to play with her nephew before looking back up and seeing us in the cross walk...she jammed on her breaks, but was going so fast that she had skid marks for maybe 30 feet...it was eerie to go back there and take pics yesterday, as I was personalizing the POI marks on the crosswalk pavement!
    Gotta go...am only plucking as arms, wrists hurt with these long posts...later...thanks again and please enjoy those tailwinds in my stead for a while, ok?
    Mary

Oh Mary- that's awful. I'm glad you are both pretty much OK and the driver is going to get punished. You make sure that you get an even nicer custom Seven out of her insurance company!
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

That's great that your atty is also a cyclist. Very good.

She was DUI with her nephew in the car - at what time of day???

Nice, puppies, Queen.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Glad you are here - and enough under your own steam to get out to docs and lawyers.
    May your soft tissues heal...

Good luck Mary! That really stinks. Make sure you take the time you need to heal.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Mary and Linda, sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery and respect to your bike..At least the police were taking action, and you have a fellow bike rider as an attorney. Things look positive for you, even though you are all banged up and looking for a new bike. The best part is you are able to be here and keep us updated Good luck with everything.

Oh, Mary. I'm so sorry -- just found this thread. I'm so glad that it was nothing serious for either of you. Sounds like you've kept your sense of humor intact, especially. I'm sorry about the bike... what a terrible circumstance. I hope you heal well quickly, and are back riding soon, as well as Linda. Anything you need, you know where to find us all.
    Good luck with all the police / atty / doctor stuff... hang in there.
    Jes
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

how you doing today Mary? How's Linda?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Greetings and salutations!
    I saw my dr yesterday...will need to get MRIs for my knee and elbow...both really messed up and knee is infected too, so I got on antibiotics ASAP. Linda is going to her doc this morning; she's having lots of back and rib cage pain...she landed on her back and felt as though she skidded a bit too after the impact.
    Our attorney spoke with 3 of the 5 witnesses last night (he had to coach a soccer game and he was bike commuting, so we met with him for most of the afternoon until he had to bolt; but he went back to the office after, last night so that he could call and speak with them). All gave similar statements about the driver's speed; one man who was walking his dog on the trail, remembered that Linda and I stopped and chatted with him and his cute little papillon dog...he heard a scream and turned around to see "1 cyclist doing a cartwheel in the air (most likely Linda) as he said the other was flying through the air and disappeared on the other side of the car (me)...
    The driver was released from jail on Monday, but toxicology tests are happening per what the prosecuting attorney called and told me yesterday. That's the criminal part of the proceedings that he'll be pursuing...he said that our county doesn't prosecute as vehicular assault which is the felony if there are no broken bones and the ER x-rays taken don't show any.
    He will discuss other misdemeanor charges with our lawyer, but that's apart from our medical and property (have I said how heartbroken I am about my precious Seven, yet??? ) issues. The police took tons of pics of both the accident scene, have 5 statements from the witnesses and pics of our broken bikes too, so our attorney will be in touch with them as to when we can get our bikes back too.
    Thanks again for your kind messages...I've been sharing all with Linda too and we're hanging in there...although we did have to cancel dinner plans to celebrate our 2nd anniv tonight ...yesterday was my son's birthday and tomorrow is actually Linda's birthday, so it's a very different week than what I had planned...had to cancel our plans to ride in the Little Red Riding Hood in Utah too
    Tailwinds to all!
    Mary

Hey, Mary! Let us know how it goes with docs and lawyers. Yikes! I'm hoping the butterflies are helping you heal well and feel as good as possible. You've definitely got the right attitude for good healing!

Quote Originally Posted by MM_QFC! View Post
    ...thanks again and please enjoy those tailwinds in my stead for a while, ok?
    Last night during my time trial race, you were my first inspiration (and I knocked 1:07 off my time!) Thank you!

If you'd like to get a motivational and pretty picture in your email each day, PM me with your email address.

Hugs and butterflies,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Quote Originally Posted by LBTC View Post
    Hey, Mary! Let us know how it goes with docs and lawyers. Yikes! I'm hoping the butterflies are helping you heal well and feel as good as possible. You've definitely got the right attitude for good healing!

Last night during my time trial race, you were my first inspiration (and I knocked 1:07 off my time!) Thank you!

If you'd like to get a motivational and pretty picture in your email each day, PM me with your email address.

Hugs and butterflies,
    ~T~
    woo-hoo, you go girl! awesome race...you're your own inspiration surely, but I'm glad to help - from my comfy loveseat with propped-up leg!
    Am telecommuting today and hoping that the antibiotics are starting to knock the poisons outta my leg - am warily watching it, f'sure!

damn! 1:07 knocked off - is goooooooood! right, Yoda?!

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    Are you kidding? She hit a SEVEN That's a felony right there Throw the book at 'er.
    Amen to THAT!
    Mary, so sorry to hear of your accident.
    I hope you are both soon on the road to recovery.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle