Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking new pony in my stable(er...garage)

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was in the market for a bike, as my current road bike just wasn't fitting quite right. I'm on a tight budget right now(although i couldn't help drooling over a $3k Serotta) so I went back to the bike shop and a lady was getting a MTB and no longer wanted her roadie and asked the lady at the bike shop if she knew anyone that would want it. so when I get to the bike shop, they showed me the bike and I took it out for a test ride. it fit better than my current bike.

I got her for $400 Its a Bianchi Giro, it has Shimano 105(a significant upgrade from the Sora on my other bike) and it came with a computer and clipless pedals. aside from needing her chain cleaned and tires inflated, shes in pretty good shape.
    do not medel in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup

How exciting... a new bike, is a new bike, is a new bike...

Glad to hear it is such a good fit - most excellent

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

thanks RoadRaven! I will take some pics of her and post them later.
    Now i need to think of a name....
    do not medel in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup

Seems like it was meant to be! Great deal, too! Happy trails!

ahem, ahem...

PICTURES?????

pics are coming soon. I grabbed the camera to take some shots of my new ride, and the battery was dead. So now I'm waiting on the battery to charge up.figures huh?

Exciting!!! What year? What are the components? How fortuitous that you stumbled on a good buy like that.

pics of my new bike!!

Here is the bike i picked up yesterday. Isn't she lovely? Now she just needs a name. Given the circumstance, I was thinking 'Chance'? Is that just super dorky?

Ooooh! Pretty! Wow, what a lucky thing! Yes, "Chance" sounds like a good name to me!

Congratulations!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

She's a cutie! I think "Chance" is good name, not dorky at all!

I'd still like to know more about her... year, specs. I am a bike geek after all.

Edit: Actually, I found it! http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...6608&Type=bike
    Since the bike is from 2000, you should maybe consider new tires? What did the guys at the LBS say?
    Last edited by rij73; 04-29-2008 at 04:12 AM.

What's in a name?

I always have the inkling to name the bike in accordance with the maker....so maybe something sexy and Italian?
    Ana
    2009 Lynskey R230
    Trek Mountain Track 850

I think shes a '99. She has all Shimano 105(well, except for the BB, cassette, and the chain. as im not sure how to tell those. but they do say shimano). sorry, im not yet fluent in bikespspeak
    so how do you say "chance" in Italian?

Very pretty!!!

"Fortuna", perhaps??? I kind of like "Chance", though -- it's cute and sassy, like "Scout."

Of course, I'm not a bike namer myself, so I might not be any good at it .

By the way, from the angle of the photo anyway, that looks like an interesting/unusual stem/steerer arrangement. It doesn't look like a modern threadless stem, but not a traditional quill either... it that an aluminum quill stem? I'm all curious about it.

Pretty! Is it blue or is that my monitor?

S/he will tell you his/her name. It may be Chance!

Maybe.... FATE...

...DESTINY...

...KIZMET...