Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

What am I doing wrong?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, last night was my first night back swimming in a while due to work and illness. Overall it went better then I thought it would. Yay! It seems most of the lingering effects of my sinus/ear infection are gone. After 1300 yards of swimming I could start to feel stuff building up in my lungs and coughed a little, but I'm not sure how much of that was just from exertion.

Anyway... I've noticed that my right ankle hurts when I'm swimming now and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. At first I thought it was from biking before the swim, but I hadn't biked yesterday. There were a lot of people in the pool (not swimming laps) yesterday so I ended up doing about 1/2 of the swim breast-stroke to avoid them easier which is mainly when my ankle hurts.

Has anyone else had problems with this? Any ideas?

I figure I will try to stick to recovery-stroke instead of breast-stroke because I kick differently using that. I'll find out tomorrow if that helps or not. Recover-stroke has never been that smooth for me, but I'm sure with enough practice it will get better.

So you hurt when breast-stroking or when freestyling?
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Hurts when doing breast-stroke. Which I ended up doing a lot of because families with kids kept budging into my lane.

Breast stoke always hurts my knees but I don't remember feeling it in my ankles. However, I strongly suspect you are feeling the effects of breast stroking
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er