Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I say go for it, if you like them! Of course, I just bought 2 pair of Keens over the weekend (not the same model, though), so I may not be the best one to advise you. The first pair was intentional - I needed something I could actually wear with a skirt (on the rare occasion). The second pair was a frivolous "I gotta go back there and try on that really fun pair before we leave town" thing.

I'm ashamed to admit it now, but I was thinking of starting a Keen Addicts thread. I realized I now have 8 pair. The saleslady Friday told me she has 16. The other saleslady said she got her first pair in January, and is already up to 6. My DH made a remark that it really is true about women and shoes - I pointed out it didn't happen until I discovered Keens. Anyway, I don't spend much money on clothes, none on jewelry, makeup or perfume, we don't eat out much or spend money on entertainment (okay - movie rentals). And I've been having a really crappy month or so at work! He said I deserved it (he's so great!). I did, however, resist a third pair of Keen Balis (I have orange and purple) in the cool new bluish green flowers. Just couldn't quite make that jump, but I can't wear open shoes to work, so the first two are mainly for post-ride, post-race, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    why should anyone care?
    she asked, we opined,that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    "only hussies wear red shoes."
    I'm wearing red shoes right now
    Hussies have more fun
    Last edited by Zen; 04-21-2008 at 05:28 PM.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

A couple of years I found some Merrells that fit like they were custom-made for my feet. I bought them in black and in red, and of course the black ones get a lot of use, but I also wear the heck out of those red shoes. Once you've got them, you'll find so much stuff they go with that you hadn't realized.

Good-feeling feet mean a happy body--take care of those tootsies!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

come on people! that's like voting along pary lines... which I highly encourage

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    (Buying multiple pairs in different colors has caused problems in the past when I buy both navy and black pair of shoes and end up wearing one of each. )
    I am with Jobob if you find something you like best buy two because if you like them its obvious that they will stop making them.

MP you made me snort my tea with that one.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

so now I want to know what is so great about Keens???
    "Chisel praise in stone; write criticism in sand."

Quote Originally Posted by sandra View Post
    so now I want to know what is so great about Keens???
    They fit some of us very very well.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I have 4 pair of Keens, 2 of them are red. (red Newports and red Mary Janes)

I have 5 pair of Chacos, 2 of them are different colors of the same sandal.

(if you love them, buy them, they will be different next year. Keen doesn't make my beloved Mary Jane's in the same style anymore, and I'm bummed I didn't buy a couple pair.)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I have never had a Keen on my foot. Maybe I better keep it that way.

oh no. I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Skierchickie View Post
    I say go for it, if you like them! Of course, I just bought 2 pair of Keens over the weekend (not the same model, though), so I may not be the best one to advise you. The first pair was intentional - I needed something I could actually wear with a skirt (on the rare occasion). The second pair was a frivolous "I gotta go back there and try on that really fun pair before we leave town" thing.

I'm ashamed to admit it now, but I was thinking of starting a Keen Addicts thread. I realized I now have 8 pair. The saleslady Friday told me she has 16. The other saleslady said she got her first pair in January, and is already up to 6. My DH made a remark that it really is true about women and shoes - I pointed out it didn't happen until I discovered Keens. Anyway, I don't spend much money on clothes, none on jewelry, makeup or perfume, we don't eat out much or spend money on entertainment (okay - movie rentals). And I've been having a really crappy month or so at work! He said I deserved it (he's so great!). I did, however, resist a third pair of Keen Balis (I have orange and purple) in the cool new bluish green flowers. Just couldn't quite make that jump, but I can't wear open shoes to work, so the first two are mainly for post-ride, post-race, etc.

DH tends to have more shoes than I, so he wouldn't dare comment about me bringing home more than one pair.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

Dangit! I just had to have a pair! I'm such a bad, spoiled girl; the BRAND NEW Shebeast pedal pushers are just freshly pulled out of the te box and I had to go and order more shoes too...

on the bright side, I just got an email from zapos telling me that not only was my shipping free, but that they were upgrading the priority! (I did mention that I heard about them here, I wonder if that made a difference?...)

I do tend to buy things that I know I will wear for years and years. I'm not actually that spoiled. I still wear those ecco sandals (with the scandalously high purchase price) that I purchased almost 10 years ago. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them (the Keens) in other colors if I thought I would have need of them. I'm sure they'll last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekhawk View Post
    I am with Jobob if you find something you like best buy two because if you like them its obvious that they will stop making them.

MP you made me snort my tea with that one.
    You all may think I am kidding, but it has happened probably 5 times. Getting dressed in the dark for an early day makes it even worse...

Then there was the time I had the blue suit pants and the black suit jacket. For court. (Yes, the same philosophy "If it fits well, let's buy 2" applies to suits as well.)
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Skierchickie View Post
    I'm ashamed to admit it now, but I was thinking of starting a Keen Addicts thread. I realized I now have 8 pair. The saleslady Friday told me she has 16. The other saleslady said she got her first pair in January, and is already up to 6. My DH made a remark that it really is true about women and shoes - I pointed out it didn't happen until I discovered Keens. .
    Omigod... I do admit I have other shoes...over 15 pairs in the closet which annoy the heck out of my partner. Because of where I work and rough conditions, I haven't worn certain shoes for over 12 months. (sigh. it's actually a pain in the butt....) He makes same remarks as your hubby.

Now....I bought 2nd pair of exactly the same pair of cycling shoes. I really don't need them until in approx. 12 months. But I like this particular Lake cycling shoe...and I took almost 18 months to find a pair of cycling shoes that met my needs. And no, I don't want the hassle/risk of shopping for cycling shoes online.

It's probably the only duplicate shoe purchase he understands.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    They fit some of us very very well.
    And some of us they don't fit well at all.

I'd love to have a pair, but I can't squeeze my "high volume" foot into them--too high an arch, too high an instep.

Dangit, but I guess it saves me a lot of money.