Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Silver View Post
    Indy! You're an ATTORNEY! You can AFFORD them!
    Yes, but I'm a bankruptcy attorney. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm frugal (I have too many cycling jerseys for that), but I am a saver. Watching people on a daily basis hit rock bottom b/c they have nothing in the bank has made a big impression on me. That, and I despise credit card debt.

I may have found something to ease my conscious a bit. The Keen's I want are available at REI for a bit less than the price of Zappos. If I use my REI membership rewards, I can bring the cost down even further. Of course, Zappos has free shipping, so I have to do some math.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Do you have a local REI? They will ship free to the store....

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by CA_in_NC View Post
    Do you have a local REI? They will ship free to the store....

CA
    Unfortunately, we don't. Should I be so lucky!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Not if you wear them all.

Thanks everyone! After reading this thread I purchased these. You guys are expensive...
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Cool-el-mundo!

As long as you don't wear them alternately everyday, you should be fine.

Maybe every 2 months? hehe. . .

I think so... Buying two sets is fine, but buying three is a little overboard...

Is it "wrong" to buy the same shoe is 3 different colors?

Not if you are going to wear them and can afford them.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Re: Is it "wrong" to buy the same shoe is 3 different colors?

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    Not if you are going to wear them and can afford them.
    This!
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

I have four pairs of Lems Primals in different colors (actually two of them go back to when they were called Stem).

But I get a pass because there are so few shoes that actually fit my feet, and fewer still that sort of look like normal shoes.

Then I've got a pair of their Boulder boots to keep the water out of my socks on rainy and snowy days. And now that they have a variety of styles, which they didn't when they kicked off with the Primals, I am seriously eyeing a pair of their Mary Janes. Which come in three colors ... hmmm ....
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

If you are going to wear all three and wear out all three then you are not wasting your money. We say if ain't broke, don't fix. Here it would be if it fits why change?

When I was in my 20's I used to use shoe goo to patch the sole of running shoes. $20.00-$30.00 a pair of shoes were very expensive then.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    ... I buy ONLY shoes that fit me and ONLY shoes that I will wear. Yes, they cost $100, but they last so much longer than cheapos. I also have fewer pairs of the good shoes than all those cheap-a$$ shoes I had before, and my feet and my back are happy. And when they have a sale, I only buy the ones I would buy if they weren't on sale, and only if they fit properly.

So, I say, if you are going to wear those shoes, and if they will make your feet smile and your back smile and your mouth smile, than you should buy them. I, for one, advocate smart shopping, as opposed to the cheap-as-possible shopping that I used to practice....
    Again, in the end, I have fewer shoes than I used to have, but they all fit me and they are all very good quality.
    +1000. You can get away with cheap clothes, but shoes have to fit or they just hurt. Good ones are worth the price. I would never spend $200 on a party dress, but a pair of shoes or boots that I'd wear constantly for at least a year? Absolutely.
    Queen of the sea beasts