Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    Dangit, but I guess it saves me a lot of money.
    I feel the same way about Sidi!

Boy...such a discussion on the pros/cons of adding shoes to the stable. Wow. To throw my hat in the ring, I had a co-worker who often said, if you see something you want, but don't really NEED, wait a month. If you find you still can't live without it, get it. Otherwise, don't waste your money.

When I met DH, he had 3 pairs of shoes (not including bike shoes).....Dress shoes. Casual shoes. Work/hike boots. Now, he rivals me....Tevas, 2 or 3 pair of Keens...and on and on. I think part of the problem was, I introduced him to REI.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I was looking at the new issue of "Vogue" last night with my friend, and there was a pair of Manolo Blahniks for $1600. That's right, sixteen HUNDRED, for a pair of shoes that you could neither walk in, nor wear twice! The Keens are a bargain! Get all 3!

But seriously, one thing to consider is whether the style you love will be discontinued. If you are going to regret not having them once they wear out, I'd buy them all.

My Keen MaryJanes are 4 years old now, and going strong. But the sole is showing some wear and they can't be resoled.

Sure do wish I'd bought another pair while that style was available...
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    We believe in buying the same style in colors. If it fits really well and is a versatile shoe, why not? Don't ya like enablers?

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Don't ya like enablers?
    Are you sure it only comes in 3 colors?

You do not need to justify your shopping habits to anyone. If you like them, and they fit, buy them. You sound like a fine, practical person. DOOOOO ITTT!

Thanks for all your input, ladies. Who knew a couple pairs of shoes could inspire such debate? I don't really see it as a moral decision but as someone who tries to resist materialism, I understand that perspective. But we are just talking shoes, here, and relatively inexpensive ones at that. As it stands now, I haven't purchased either the black or the red. Knowing me, I'll think on it for a while, place one or both of them in the "cart" several times and never buy either. That's often my version of virtual shopping.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    I had a co-worker who often said, if you see something you want, but don't really NEED, wait a month. If you find you still can't live without it, get it.
    Pretty good philosophy!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    she asked, we opined,that's all.
    What is it about that word "opined?" It always just tickles me. Sort of like "obfuscate," another good one. What happened to your word thread?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    And some of us they don't fit well at all.

I'd love to have a pair, but I can't squeeze my "high volume" foot into them--too high an arch, too high an instep.

Dangit, but I guess it saves me a lot of money.
    Diving biker, they don't fit me either.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Knowing me, I'll think on it for a while, place one or both of them in the "cart" several times and never buy either. That's often my version of virtual shopping.
    Shopping is to buying, as fishing is to catching!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Shopping is to buying, as fishing is to catching!
    Oooh, very zen!

My budget would be a lot healthier then if there were a river running through every store to invoke my catch and release rules.*

*My apologies to Norman Maclean for that remark.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    How interesting. I, too, wore a uniform all through grade school and high school and now tend to buy the same thing in multiple colors, but I've never connected the two. I also tend to stick to solids. Very few of my clothes have a print on them, except for cycling jerseys. I hate to shop so buying multiples--especially if I can do it online--makes it easy.
    I, too, like to find something that works and stick to it as far as clothing goes. So, *if* those kinds of shoes actually came in widths that my puir dogs could get into, I'd get lots.

I need to find some shoes, actually... and some clothes... gotta order some Dockers.

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    My Keen MaryJanes are 4 years old now, and going strong. But the sole is showing some wear and they can't be resoled.

Sure do wish I'd bought another pair while that style was available...
    It sure would be nice if more shoes could be resoled/repaired rather than having to buy a whole new pair. Seems like it would cut down on a lot of garbage that ends up in the landfills, as well as saving money.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830