Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I wore uniforms in grade school and uniforms again from age 20 to age 34, since I never really had to pick out clothes much I have fallen into the "uniform school of shopping". I find something that works and is comfortable and I buy one in every color offered...for example I'm wearing a black v-neck LL Bean shirt today, I have this same shirt in six different colors and I wear one to work each day. I do the same thing with shoes, pants, shorts, underwear, bathing suits, bras, and socks. This means I only have to shop for new stuff every couple of years!

I love red shoes, despite my mom indoctrinating me when I was young that "only hussies wear red shoes."

Heck, I love red everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    I wore uniforms in grade school and uniforms again from age 20 to age 34, since I never really had to pick out clothes much I have fallen into the "uniform school of shopping". I find something that works and is comfortable and I buy one in every color offered...for example I'm wearing a black v-neck LL Bean shirt today, I have this same shirt in six different colors and I wear one to work each day. I do the same thing with shoes, pants, shorts, underwear, bathing suits, bras, and socks. This means I only have to shop for new stuff every couple of years!
    How interesting. I, too, wore a uniform all through grade school and high school and now tend to buy the same thing in multiple colors, but I've never connected the two. I also tend to stick to solids. Very few of my clothes have a print on them, except for cycling jerseys. I hate to shop so buying multiples--especially if I can do it online--makes it easy.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Recently I bought myself a pair of walking shoes in black...I so much wanted to buy others equally as durable but in cooler colour combos. But I could not justify it...for walking around on a construction site.

I love red shoes...and over the years seem to have a pair in a style. Right now they are Keene's , sort of a Mary Jane with strap style. But I haven't worn them often enough... where I work has really delayed my interest in fashion shoes...even if they are flatter shoes.

If you have problem feet and are restricted to certain shoe styles, then sometimes it does make sense to buy same shoe but in different colours.

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    How interesting. I, too, wore a uniform all through grade school and high school and now tend to buy the same thing in multiple colors, but I've never connected the two. I also tend to stick to solids. Very few of my clothes have a print on them, except for cycling jerseys. I hate to shop so buying multiples--especially if I can do it online--makes it easy.
    A friend pointed it out to me one time, she commented that she really like my polo...and all the other identical polos I had. She said "polos (it was the 80's) are your uniform!". I realized she was right and I embrace it. I'd rather do anything than have to go shop for clothes so it works out really well actually.

When I find comfortable, suitable for work, type shoes I often buy more than one color. I want shoes that look classy and professional, have a bit of a heel, and are comfortable but not klunky. Which is easier said than done when you're size 11.

(Buying multiple pairs in different colors has caused problems in the past when I buy both navy and black pair of shoes and end up wearing one of each. )
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I'd buy them in a heartbeat (if I could afford it). I have the worst time finding shoes that fit, are comfy and that look good. When I do stumble across that combination, I've been known to purchase them in multiple colors...especially when they are quality shoes that will last.
    +1

I hate shoe shopping because I have fit issues. I've spent hours in one shoe store or driving around from shoe store to shoe store trying to find shoes that are not too ugly that fit my feet. Poor shoe salesman. I love shoe wherehouses/stores where the shoes are out to try BTW. Finding cute shoes are rare, so when I have found them and can comfortably afford them, I've gone back to get a second pair. But I'm also the kind of person to hold onto things for years. I have a pair of wedge heel mules that I love. I've had them for almost ten years(thank goodness for shoe goo). It might be time to throw them out though, besides being well worn in spots, they have compressed unevenly and are adding to my wonked out hip problem. I'd say I definitely got my money's worth out of them. And for the things that I've tired of before their useful life, well, isn't that what craigslist, garage sales and Goodwill are for?
    Last edited by sgtiger; 04-21-2008 at 12:04 PM.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    I love red shoes, despite my mom indoctrinating me when I was young that "only hussies wear red shoes."

Heck, I love red everything...
    My mom always told me that red shoes made you walk faster!
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    When I find comfortable, suitable for work, type shoes I often buy more than one color. I want shoes that look classy and professional, have a bit of a heel, and are comfortable but not klunky. Which is easier said than done when you're size 11.

(Buying multiple pairs in different colors has caused problems in the past when I buy both navy and black pair of shoes and end up wearing one of each. )
    Yep. I walked out of the house this winter wearing my brown boots (I have an identical pair in black) with my black skirt and black tights. I didn't realize the mistake until I got out of my car. Oops!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I take the maillotpois approach.

When I find shoes that I really really like, I don't hesitate buying another pair in a different color, because I KNOW they will be scarcer than hen's teeth once the manufacturer catches wind of the fact that I like them.

Case in point: my Ecco sandals. That particular style isn't made anymore and I'm very glad I have a both a black pair and a brown pair. The brown pair is starting to wear out finally, and I wish I could replace them, but no luck.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    I take the maillotpois approach.

When I find shoes that I really really like, I don't hesitate buying another pair in a different color, because I KNOW they will be scarcer than hen's teeth once the manufacturer catches wind of the fact that I like them.

Case in point: my Ecco sandals. That particular style isn't made anymore and I'm very glad I have a both a black pair and a brown pair. The brown pair is starting to wear out finally, and I wish I could replace them, but no luck.
    oh gosh, there IS that. I know just the feeling... a sinking feeling... I love my Nike Frees ... now you can only order them on line? (sigh)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    Back in the days of large, chunky earrings, I wore two similar but mismatched ones. My fellow employees took all day to say something to me, but would lean from side to side as they talked to me. They finally admitted they'd had a grand ol' time talking about me behind my back all day. Ah well, nothing new about that.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Ah, I don't see why a person can't buy 3 pairs of the same shoes, in different colors, if they want to and have the money... I mean, unless they are spending their kid's food money, why should anyone care?
    I wear a size 5.5 or 6. I can't just go and buy a pair of shoes when i need something specific. It takes a trip or two to DSW and perusing the Internet. While, I have never bought more than one of the same style, I often buy 2 or 3 pairs in one shopping trip, because I know the next time, the ones I like and fit me will be gone.
    I don't think we should put people down or say they should give the money to charity. How we spend our money is a personal decision. How many of us actually need a bike that costs $2,000-$6,000?

And, red shoes are very cool!

I have 3 different style Keen sandles, each is used for a different purpose. Granted I didn't buy them at the same time but I can justify it to myself as DH and I rarely go out to eat, 1-2x a month, we don't have cable tv, or a big screen tv, and we don't go to movies. So I think you should treat yourself if it is what you want. You work hard and if it would make you happy go for it.

Hey, there is always the solution of buying the black shoes (or the red because everybody needs an occasional fun shoe) and spending the other $100 on new cycling stuff.