Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

Ghost Town Century 5/3/08

Anyone riding or thinking about riding the Ghost Town Century in Tooele on May 3? I'll either ride the 65 or 100 IF the weather is decent ("decent" being no rain or snow, no 60 mph gusts like today, and good air quality). They also have a 50. Because I am a weather weenie, I will wait until the day of the event to register.

Nope. Got a family wedding. One of these years my life will align to where I can do the ride. Wasn't that wind and dust awful? I was going to ride yesterday, but quickly changed my mind.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifesgreat View Post
    Nope. Got a family wedding. One of these years my life will align to where I can do the ride. Wasn't that wind and dust awful? I was going to ride yesterday, but quickly changed my mind.
    I haven't successfully done this ride either. It's an iffy time of year for weather. I'm hoping it'll be decent this year because I need some time in the saddle on some flattish rides to get ready for LRRH and for the MS 150. Plenty of climbing to be had right now, but flat stuff? The bane of my training. I really, really go out of my way to find excuses to not ride in the wind.

Yesterday was heinous, and I had a (further) good excuse to not ride (Shiraz was in town for the SL marathon and I went downtown to watch the finish, then we went to lunch, and then we went shopping for bike clothes ). I made it out late this afternoon after the wind died down a bit; stayed in the canyon (City Creek) so it was a little better in there. But REALLY cold descending.

FWIW, if anyone cares, City Creek is plowed to the entrance of Rotary Park (aka the top of "pyramid hill"), but it is not swept. If we don't get any more crazy snowstorms, I'm thinking it should melt out within 2 weeks, maybe sooner if the temps get back up to "normal" (whatever that is ). We can hope. Last time I rode Emigration and headed up Big Mtn (last weekend) I got about 0.5 mile past the gate. Hopefully I'll be able to get out there this week for another recon. Anyone get out there this weekend?

Totally off topic here- I wanted to pm Shiraz with a "Howditgo in Salt Lake?" but she doesn't have a member name listed that I can find??? " Yellow, do you know if she has changed her user cp? If you communicate with her, will you please tell her I said HI and gave her the thumbs up??

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    Anyone riding or thinking about riding the Ghost Town Century in Tooele on May 3? I'll either ride the 65 or 100 IF the weather is decent ("decent" being no rain or snow, no 60 mph gusts like today, and good air quality). They also have a 50. Because I am a weather weenie, I will wait until the day of the event to register.
    Bit too far for me to get to that one yellow but I would love to see some pics if you do the ride.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V