Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cycling in Va Beach

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello! I'm a new rider (15-20 miles) and I'm looking for some good routes here in Va Beach. Unfortunately we are lacking bike trails, and I'm learning to ride on the road, but I don't love the traffic. Any suggestions are most welcome, thanks, susan

Wink Cycling in Va Beach

I am a relatively new cyclist in Suffolk and we have a group that routinely goes out in Suffolk...the women go 15-20 miles while the guys go 30+ miles. If you want to join us, (anyone in the area for that matter) please contact Michele at 635-8158. We keep to the back roads and go on weekdays after work and saturday or sunday rides. Contact me for more info if interested.

Happy Cycling!!

Thanks Michelle, I will give you a call. BTW, I've just discovered the website for the Tidewater Bicycling Association, which for somereason I'm having trouble forwarding to you. But there is one! . susan

Talking Cycling in Va Beach

My husband and I are both members of TBA...the dues are $15 whether its single or family for a year. Their web site is www.tidewaterbicyclingassn.org but I can't get it to work right now either. We are doing the Surry Century (the women are riding just the 25 miles loop)...you're welcome to join us because you can register that day. It's Satuday 9/14 (this Saturday)...come out and join us!!! Right now our unofficial name is the "Wind is NOT my Friend Club"!!!

Like I said earlier...please contact me for any ride info in Suffolk...We are going to be having a night ride (i think on 9/27 about 8pm from the Suffolk Airport)...let me know if you interested via email and I will pass it along to the coordinator, Jim Cruse. We usually have several from VA Beach and Norfolk show up to do these rides which are about 15 - 19 miles. and we go slow because of the fact i t being night and all. We just require a headlight and tailight on your bike, but they are inexpensive at HDK Cycles...There is one off Indian River Road.

Talk to you soon...
    Michele

TBA Web Site Addy

Here is the CORRECT web addy for that site: www.tidewaterbicycleassn.org