Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Ocean to Bay ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

You know it never occured to me to post anything about the Ocean to Bay ride sponsored by the Bethany-Fenwick Chamber of Commerce. All proceeds are donated to local scholarships and charities. It's Saturday 4/19. Is anyone here coming in for this ride? THere are 25-35-50 mile options, 1,2, or 3 rest stops depending on which ride you do, and of course the requisite t-shirt.

http://store.bethany-fenwick.org/med.../08BikeReg.pdf

I guess with the Wild Goose next weekend that would keep people from coming across the bay 2 weekends in a row. They are expecting ~600 riders, and weather looks good. Woo hoo!
    Last edited by withm; 04-16-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Well, you certainly have a gorgeous day for your ride, Martha! Hope you had a good ride despite Bobbie not being able to ride it with you.

See you Saturday for the kayaking/wild goose adventure!

Thanks. IT was a gorgeous day. I got suckered into doing the 53 mile ride and after my bike fit a couple weeks ago I can see it made a huge difference.
    So that was good.

But...

The temp at the ride start was abour 55, and forecast was for high temp of 63 and partly cloudy. So I dressed accordingly. WRONG. I rode to the start 1-1/2 miles and unzipped the sleeves from my jacket. At the first rest stop - 18 miles I guess, I removed my tights and tied them around my waist. At the 2nd rest I removed the arm warmers. At the last rest, I was slathering on sunblock. Who knew it would be 80dam degrees? Sheesh!

No ice at any rest stops (well it's April, don't need ice, right?)
    No regular WATER at the 1st 2 stops, only lukewarm "Vitamin Water." whatever that is. It came in colors yellow, orange, or green. The "flavors" were unidentifiable. They all tasted terrible.

Normally if it's going to be that warm I use my camelback and freeze it and I'd be drinking cold water the entire length of the ride, but I never thought it would be so warm.

And my face and knees are sunburned. Sigh.

Came home to take a shower and found out I had no hot water. What's up with that?

Oh and Bobbi came to the start and said hello, and took pix for us. She hopes to have her bike back on Wed. She is doing Wild Goose by the way. It was a great ride but not necessarily a great day. LOL. See you next week.

June 15th is the Bay to Bay ride for the Lions club. 50,75 and 100. I hope to go to it. Anyone else going?

Bay to Bay

Is that the ride in Betterton?

Got a link?