Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I eagerly await the true trials. But don't go hard if you have bronchitis. I've done it, seen friends do it and it only winds up prolonging things. Take care! I've been thinking about getting a tri top or two for my first summer here in Texas. Making the switch of mindset from rugged Colorado single track to Central Texas roadie.

Like lkrider, I, too like to support responsible businesses which are contributing members of the community. However, I often cannot afford to do so, especially with non-essential purchases such as sporting goods. In my PP responding to bounceswoosh's OP, I offered an honest review of a product which I liked which happened to have been produced by a *mega-conglomerate*. I got this product, as I do many, second-hand. I did not intend to offend the hosts of this board, or anyone else. If anything, I hope that my opinion of a *competing* product, and my expression of what I look for in this type of product, could inform the choices made by the buyers for TE. Call it "consumer input".

fixed, I'm sure you've offended no one....at least not me! TE is a great place to shop, as is Title 9, Vickies secret (one of MY favorites)...oh I could go on, but then I'm a shopping wh***.

Quote Originally Posted by fixedgeargirl
    I eagerly await the true trials. But don't go hard if you have bronchitis. I've done it, seen friends do it and it only winds up prolonging things. Take care! I've been thinking about getting a tri top or two for my first summer here in Texas. Making the switch of mindset from rugged Colorado single track to Central Texas roadie.
    Thanks! I'll try not to overdo it. But I am going to my martial arts class tonight; I'll try to take it easy, but that never really works.

Like lkrider, I, too like to support responsible businesses which are contributing members of the community. However, I often cannot afford to do so, especially with non-essential purchases such as sporting goods. In my PP responding to bounceswoosh's OP, I offered an honest review of a product which I liked which happened to have been produced by a *mega-conglomerate*. I got this product, as I do many, second-hand. I did not intend to offend the hosts of this board, or anyone else. If anything, I hope that my opinion of a *competing* product, and my expression of what I look for in this type of product, could inform the choices made by the buyers for TE. Call it "consumer input".
    I try to support good small businesses, even to my financial disadvantage, but when it comes to bras, I say wear what works, not what is most politically sound. Part of good customer service, imo, is referring you to another brand or store if it can solve a problem that your product can't. I've worn the VS Body-model bra for years, because every time I try a different bra, I'm dissatisfied with the fit and comfort. With VS, when I need new bras, I can order a bunch of Body bras and be done with it, without questioning if they will be uncomfortable or whether they will change shape with a few washes. It's not loyalty, it's convenience. If another brand had turned out to have "the" bra for me, I'd stick with them, too.
    monique

Like lkrider, I, too like to support responsible businesses which are contributing members of the community. However, I often cannot afford to do so, especially with non-essential purchases such as sporting goods.
    I can't help the budget situation but I do want to add a comment about sporting goods being "non-essential." Exercise is an absoutely vital component for our health and well-being. It can play an active role in both recovery and general maintenance. I know that my immune system goes haywire if I don't exercise regularly. My allergies go out of control and I will have constant sinus infections. I deal with stress better and, therefore, keep the MS symptoms reduced when I exercise regularly. I can spend the money on sports bras and bikes or I can spend the money on medicines, sinus surgeries, therapists, doctors, etc. I would also say my marriage is better because I'm better company when I'm healthy. So, do not downgrade the importance of good sports equipment. If you've got the right equipment, you're more likely to be out there riding or running or whatever, and less likely to be overweight, stress or insomonia-ridden, sick, depressed, whatever; it becomes a long line of expensive dominos waiting to tumble. Please realize that this equipment is just part of keeping you healthy and happy. I know this doesn't help the budget situation, but don't feel guilty. Just put the cost of a sports bra in the medical supplies category.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 03-24-2005 at 12:03 PM.

Excersize is an essential part of who I am, and an essential part of my health. And it keeps me from becoming an absolute bear (mmmmm...endorphins!). I know both intellectually and experientially how important exercise is to well-being, both psychologically and physiologically. And it can go so, so far in mitigating all sorts of chronic conditions, again for both the psychological and physiological effects. No disputing that, at all, ever from me!!!!! My priorities right now are such that $50 buying organic, whole foods for my family for our collective long-term health is more essential than spending $50 for a sports bra. I can't do both.

Don't get me wrong, I am a self-confessed gear snob. No chepo bras (or anything esle) for me!!! I just find ways to get things without having to pay full retail. I am eternally thankful for the wonderful bikes and equipment I acquired while my husband was a frame builder. I know that having such wonderful equipment (and a world class mechanic, DH) contributed much to my enjoyment of the sport when I was starting out (and getting dropped left and right), and has a lot to do with why I'm still at it, even as life has thrown me curve balls which whittle my recreation/re-creation time down to a mere nubbin of what it was when I started riding.

I'm with ya, SK, on the importance of exercise! And am totally inspired by you!!

I'm with ya, SK, on the importance of exercise! And am totally inspired by you!!
    Hey, don't look up to me! I can't even imagine what life would be like if i had more children than the superb poodle and the hubby ! I have the luxury of really being able to focus on me when I need to. Title 9 passed at a time in my life when it really made a difference so my ears perk up when I hear/see remarks that make me think someone doesn't understand the crucial value of sports for women. I also know what exercise has done for my health and daily expect the call from my parents and brother who, I swear, have got to be diabetes/heart failure patients in the making. I'm just hardheaded, nothing more. Ask my mom .

please forgive my "holier than thou" tone

Sorry....I did not mean to sound condescending. I am embarrassed at being quoted to much! Everyone needs to shop for the best product to meet thier needs and BUDGET....I am rather new to this forum (esp. the shopping part) I saw the first part of this thread, with no mention of the sponsoring company, and thought I would spread the good word of my new mantra "support the little guys" & "shop local". I have bought goods and services where I could afford to on many occasions, past and present. It's life. We can only do what we can do, and ironically....after looking at the sports bra selection here for my daughter, I realized that indeed, Title 9 (yes-also a good women supportive company) does have a a much greater selection of differing styles. This forum is a wonderful community (I visualize lots of grins), and I hope to be part of it for a long time. I have received so many positive vibes and inspiration. Thanks everyone.
    be happy ride a bike--LK

nothing to forgive ma'am....that's what makes this forum so awesome! We are such a diverse group of women, quiet, unopinionated and non-assertive! It's fun having you here - and each and every one of the rest of the TE board.....it's why I keep coming back instead of doing things like: the dishes, the laundry, or go to bed!!!!!

Corsair "I Really should go to bed" Mac
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

A dry bra would be great but I'd almost kill for a dry bra that doesn't give you uniboob and holds the double d's in one place comfortably without bounce. Especially when I am on dirt. It'd be even better if it looked more like a sportsbra, too, than a regular one.

Anyone?