Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

FRS Healthy Energy?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anybody heard of this? Lance Armstrong is the spokesman for this product which is said to "boost energy, enhance metabolism, increase focus, and strengthen immune system."

Here's the link to the website: FRS Healthy Energy

Just wonderin' if anyone here has any experience with this product.

I did get the free ($5.00s&h) sample package.
    I like the taste but I can't really say if it gave me any extra energy or not.
    I doubt it's really much different than the green tea I usually drink during a workout
    It does contain a caffeine-like substance, I'd have to go look up the name of it.

The green tea is a lot cheaper.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

$64.95 a month buys a lot cooler stuff

If you read the fine print, you have to actively CANCEL your "subscription" otherwise you keep on receiving this stuff in the mail at a cost of $64.95 a month....if it is as good as they say Lance says it is, people should be lining up to buy it. Chances are that anything that's sold using "record club" tactics isn't quite what it's cracked up to be.
    A quote from their literature: "Quercetin is a natural antioxidant found in the skins of apples, blueberries, and onions. It protects the adrenaline that your body naturally creates to give you energy for small daily tasks like staying awake at work and big events like running a marathon."
    What in the name of (fill in the blank with your favorite) does your adrenaline need protection FROM???? Adrenaline (epinephrine) is a stress hormone that also has neurotransmitter functions. Its main physiological effect is to prime us for fight-or-flight by raising our heart rate - and blood sugar. It's not a big factor in staying awake at work OR running a marathon.
    If you can try and NOT buy, what the heck - just don't get suckered.
    $64.95 would pay for your gym membership, or a massage every month (two a month if you go to the student clinic), or a decent helmet or pair of shorts.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    and a whole lotta bananas and peanut butter!

I tried the sample way back when...didn't find it did much of anything. I think it's a good excuse for people to eat like crap and then feel as if they are doing something 'right' for their bodies. A healthy diet full of fruits and veggies will give you the same benefits.

Plus, the texture creeped me out (it was thick-ish).
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I think it's a good excuse for people to eat like crap and then feel as if they are doing something 'right' for their bodies. A healthy diet full of fruits and veggies will give you the same benefits.
    Buzzkill!!

I checked out the website, and this bit of text absolutely cracked me up:

Quercetin is a natural antioxidant found in the skins of apples, blueberries, and onions. It protects the adrenaline that your body naturally creates to give you energy for small daily tasks like staying awake at work <snip>. [Bold added by me.]
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Oh those pesky daily tasks.
    Like staying awake...

I think I've tried this -- little citrusy-chews, kinda like a Starburst in texture and flavor? Pleasant, but no noticeable increase in anything.

There's a drug being advertised on tv that has a side effect warning -- stop taking if you fall asleep while driving!

"MIRAPEX may cause you to fall asleep while you are doing daily activities such as driving, talking with other people, watching TV, or eating."

Are you kidding me???
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

staying awake at work?

At this point I either need a nap or get my blood moving. We're supposed to go for a ride in about an hour, but my desire to nap, and the nagging low grade headache is really bothering me. I've felt like this for a week.

No, I don't need anyone's magic $64.95 elixor. Just wish I felt better. Tried the nap alternative earlier in the week when I felt the same. So today I hauled my bike and we'll try that alternative.

I think I'd rather spend the $64.95 on REAL blueberries.
    Beth

I think I'd rather spend the $64.95 on REAL blueberries.
    .... or COFFEE...!

"MIRAPEX may cause you to fall asleep while you are doing daily activities such as driving, talking with other people, watching TV, or eating."
    Sounds like you need the FRS to counteract the MIRAPEX?
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Why does Lance need to associate with something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Wench View Post
    There's a drug being advertised on tv that has a side effect warning -- stop taking if you fall asleep while driving!
    And there's another one, I forget which that says some have experienced side effects such as sleep walking and driving while sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    Why does Lance need to associate with something like this?
    Because blueberries, apples and onions can't pay him. Let's face it, the things we do that are really healthy like eat food that's made from food, try to get enough sleep, and yes ... ride bikes don't have a marketing department, can't buy spokespeople, don't have Super Bowl adds.
    Last edited by Trek420; 04-12-2008 at 07:35 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I think $65 worth of lattes will give me a whole lot of energy...

A rep dropped a case off at work a few weeks ago, so I tried one. Boy, is it sweet! Maybe it's all the sugars that keep you awake. Ugh!