Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thumbs up Cool new bike store in Pleasanton

To disable ads, please log-in.

During Sunday's ride, my sister-in-law wanted to take a break and show me a cool new bike shop in her town (Pleasanton.) Well, I rarely pass up a chance to scope out a bike shop, so I was happy to comply.

The name of the store is Crank 2, and it's located in the shopping center at the corner of Sunol Blvd. and Valley/Junipero in Pleasanton.

The first thing you notice is that they have a LOT of tandems, which is something you don't see at most bike shops. The other thing I noticed is that they have a Terry bikes right there on the showroom floor.

We started looking at clothes (my sis-in-law wanted a windbreaker), and the women's apparel section was much, much, much larger than the men's apparel section. It was amazing -- I don't think I've run into that situation anywhere.

Here's a gem I heard while looking at the clothing section: "Do you have any men's bikes here?" Wow, when was the last time you've heard someone say that? They do carry men's bikes, by the way.

They also carry a pretty good selection of Brooks saddles.

The owners are Brian and Peg, and they are willing to spend a lot of time answering customer's questions. Oh, and they also serve a nice cup of coffee and have chocolate covered espresso beans for those of us who need that extra kick. And, as an extra bonus, their son Matt was in on Sunday, helping out. Matt's a triathlete, and man does he have nice arms!

It's a nice shop -- worth checking out if you're in the area! It looks like they're going the extra mile to help out women cyclists, so I wanted to give them a little plug here on TE.

5480-9 Sunol Boulevard
    Pleasanton, CA
    http://www.crank-2.com/store/
    I'll get back on the bike soon, I promise!

I was reading about that store earlier today on your ALC blog. Must investigate.

Speaking of blogs, as in yours, you've been doing some mighty impressive riding the last few months! I'm so impressed!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Speaking of blogs, as in yours, you've been doing some mighty impressive riding the last few months! I'm so impressed!
    Me too! Great blog!

(I didn't realize you worked for TiVo! Even though we got Comcast HD and had to get their DVR, we kept our TiVo as well. The interface on that TiVo is just so much better, and we use it for all our non-HD needs.)
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I was reading about that store earlier today on your ALC blog. Must investigate.
    Oh yeah, it's definitely worth checking out! Like I said earlier, they seem like nice folks, and they're trying to cater to women, so I hope they get some support from the women's cycling community.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    Me too! Great blog!
    Wow, you mean someone reads my blog?! Guess I can no longer get away with talking about my Lance-like riding qualities or the extreme weather conditions we get here in the SF Bay Area.

And Jo, having you be impressed with my riding, well, that's a high compliment. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    (I didn't realize you worked for TiVo! Even though we got Comcast HD and had to get their DVR, we kept our TiVo as well. The interface on that TiVo is just so much better, and we use it for all our non-HD needs.)
    Oh yeah, I've been here @ TiVo for about 3 years; I'm the founding member of the IT-QE department. Glad you like the user interface on the TiVo. However, I don't do much work on the software on the box. If you've ever been billed, or scheduled a show via TiVo Central Online, or had to exchange a defective TiVo box, well, you've used some of the tools that I help out with.

Hmmm...have I hijacked my own thread enough?

And speaking of TiVo, I guess I'd better get back to it!

-- Melissa
    I'll get back on the bike soon, I promise!