Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    This is what he saw in paris when he was cycling around yesterday in the heart of the city.
    Sad to say but women have been known to do some really dumb stuff in the name of "fashion"
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    Sad to say but women have been known to do some really dumb stuff in the name of "fashion"
    I'm with you there, why is it that there's All or Nothing with some. But , it's nice to know there are really no valid excuses to not riding, especially if fashion is the excuse.
    Saving Myself ~ One Bike Ride At A Time

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    I did my first 'official' commute on Baby Blue today, but wore pants. That was mostly because it was chilly. I plan on trying it in a skirt soon though. I'll let you know how that works.
    Definitely let us know--I've wanted to try riding in a skirt but just haven't been able to get up the guts to do so (afraid I'll do something klutzy!).
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

I look for good fit (so the damn skirt stays in place), a sensible fabric, and a nice active cut. If I need a slit to walk, it's cut too narrow. If it needs a crinoline to hang right, it's too full. Most skirts are too narrow to bike in easily - they're fine if you have a step through frame and are not going far. If you have a diamond frame or are going more than 3-4 miles, you'll really want something you can move in.

Kilt style wrap skirts seem like they'd work best. Good freedom of movement, and they only need to fit properly at the waist. Fixing fit issues is also pretty easy, even if you can't sew very well. I've been having a hard time finding 'em tho

I commuted in a skirt this morning!! It's an older bell-shaped skirt. My commuter is a step thru.

'Twas a bit chilly.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I thought I would chime in.

My cycling consists of 90% commuting and I ride in my street clothes. In fact, i actually do not own any cycling shorts (hate the padding, make me feel like I'm wearing a diaper).

Having said that, my current saddle is a Brooks B-17 women's. I've only had it for about a month now, and I will admit that the first 3 weeks involved some sit bone pain and a fair amount of adjusting. I think I've finally found a happy setting and the saddle's getting more comfortable.

In the winter I'll don waterproof jacket and pants and in the summer I usually just ride in my capris and flip flops.