Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    I don't have lots of curls, but some - I just don't have time for that hair straightening thing! So, instead of worry about that, I enhance the curl with some gel and Wala - I'm ready to go!

spoke
    I have lots and that is what I usually do. It takes me a while to flat iron my hair. Besides, the curls go with my personality.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Am I the only one whose hair is getting curlier as she gets older?

I always had very straight hair, and about 5 years ago it started getting wavy, but just a stripe down the back. Now it's moved all around to the sides, and almost to my bangs. More gray, of course. I finally had it cut into layers so I could have something else to do with it. Now I can use a big fat curling iron on it and it will actually curl! Not that I want to put that much work into it every day. hrmph.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post

I always had very straight hair, and about 5 years ago it started getting wavy, but just a stripe down the back. Now it's moved all around to the sides, and almost to my bangs. More gray, of course. I finally had it cut into layers so I could have something else to do with it. Now I can use a big fat curling iron on it and it will actually curl! Not that I want to put that much work into it every day. hrmph.

Karen

Sorry, I can't answer that. I.am.not.getting.older.

Next.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Interesting for the naturally poker-straight hair gals to hear from the other side of fence. I suppose my curling iron is nearly bonded to me..unless I get my hair cut quite short..which happened a few months ago and shocked enough people. But I love the freedom of short hair..

Yesterday I saw something I hadn't seen in ages and I commute every day by light rapid transit train and bus (and bike thrown in when weather is better): an Asian woman with beautiful naturally black straight hair. Just very healthy hair, trimmed, long and unadorned hair. No bangs. Just like back in the 1960's-1970's. She also had very little/no makeup on her face.

To me (since I am Asian and live in a city with many Asians), it struck me, how INFREQUENT it was to see naturally black straight, LONG (half way down their back) healthy hair on a woman older than late 20's, that just hangs long, straight and gleaming with no barettes/clips/hairbands nor pulled back in a pigtail nor braid. Usually more Asian women (it appears, to me) in Vancouver & Toronto, are dyeing their hair in every colour but black, perming, kinking it, throwing in hair clips/claps, decorative combs/hairpins,etc.

I just notice these things because I have never coloured my black hair yet ...and permed it..uh.....25 years ago. But alas, gave up long hair when I was 19.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 04-03-2008 at 09:06 PM.

Karen
    This has happened to me too. My hair used to be totally straight and wouldn't hold a curl, now it is wavy all over except the top layer on the sides. I thought it had something to do with hormones. I just wish the whole head would go wavy.
    Jones.

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...

Karen
    I had straight hair as a kid, then got it cut very short in seventh grade and kept it that way through junior year in college. At that point I decided to grow it out because I was tired of getting mistaken for a boy and figured I should try to actually look feminine (and I hate wearing makeup and tend not to wear a lot of the so-called "girly" clothes because they're either not very practical, too skimpy or both). As it grew out, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was coming in quite wavy. So no, you're not the only one. It has also gotten darker as I've gotten older--it was a dirty-blond color when I was little and now is medium brown. Now I have it down past my shoulder blades and all one length, and it's nice because I don't have to do much to it to make it look decent (I don't even own a blow dryer!) and don't have to go get it cut every six weeks.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

It's good to know I'm not the only one. I think it's hormonal, too.

Karen

ok you guys totally motivated me. i did some research and got the baby bliss to tame my too wild, too thick, too curly locks. i liked the results so much i went for my first - ever - color to cover the gray. first time in about a hundred years i actually LIKE my hair! its long and blond and straight.

ever see whoopi goldberg talking about her childhood where she would put a towel on her head and pretend she had long blond hair? i did that too, but now i have the real thing. at 52 years old!
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    I enhance the curl with some gel and Wala - I'm ready to go!
    The way that's spelled I thought Wala was a product.
    I'm here thinking "I've never heard of Wala before..."
    Voila, perhaps?
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager