Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Exclamation Mountain Bike Benefit Ride for Sacramentan/Pro-Triathlete Jamie Whitmore

To disable ads, please log-in.

This is an e-mail I received today (originally sent Thursday, March 27, 2008).

Hello!

As some of you may already know, Jamie Whitmore, a pro triathlete from Sacramento, has been diagnosed with a pelvic tumor. Jamie will be going in for surgery tomorrow at UC San Francisco to remove the tumor and begin her radiation treatment. She’s been in a lot of pain as the tumor is on her Sciatic nerve. To help support Jamie and her husband Courtney, local businesses and her sponsors have joined together to put on a benefit ride for Jamie. Our hope is to raise some money through donations to help Jamie with the incredibly high medical expenses she’s incurring.

I’ve attached a PDF for your review and your distribution to local riders, bike clubs and bike shops. Please ask them to post this information on their on-line bulletin boards, in their shops, on their Web sites, etc. Our goal is to blanket Sacramento with the information and encourage as many mountain bike riders (both downhill and cross country) to come out in support of Jamie.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I will also send you this information in an HTML format for your use in forwarding to as many individuals as you can.

Thank you so much for your help in getting the word out about this fundraiser!

Please send your positive thoughts to Jamie for a successful surgery and quick recovery. We need to get this girl back on the trails where she belongs. To find out more, go to: www.jamiewhitmore.com

~Janet

I've attached the PDF. Please get the word out, and perhaps participate if you are into mountain biking.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files