Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Wow, I've seen it all

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm driving to work this morning heading across the Dumbarton Bridge, a 3-lane highway with a posted speed limit of 55, meaning the average speed is about 70.

The SUV directly in front of me is weaving a bit. I notice that the dimwit driver is applying mascara (using her rear-view mirror, of course) as she is driving on said 3-lane highway going across said bridge.

Oh, but that's not all, sports fans.

I figure I want to get clear of this nit, and as I pass her I glance over ...

Not only is she applying mascara with her right hand, she is talking into a cell phone that she is holding in her left hand.

Not my idea of efficient multi-tasking.

I only hope that moron does not reproduce.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Wow. That takes the cake. Can't say as I've seen that before.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Right up there with the weaving RV I saw one time in northern Arizona on a 2 lane highway. I couldn't quite figure out why said RV was weaving, a bit too early in the day to be snockered. So when there was finally a passing lane, I looked over, and the driver was using BOTH HANDS to take pictures of the scenery. There were no guard rails either. I wondered if he survived the drive, or would the accident investigators look at his camera, develop the film*, and see the last photo is blury because everying is falling head over tea kettle?

* film - it was back in the day, so to speak
    Beth

Scary! The strangest thing I've seen a driver do is DWF. Driving while flossing. Her teeth.
    "It is easier to go down a hill than up a hill, but the view is better from the top of the hill." [Fortune cookie from post-ride buffet at the Peking Palace. The food was good, too.]

How about someone eating a bowl of noodles with chopsticks!

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    I'm driving to work this morning heading across the Dumbarton Bridge, a 3-lane highway with a posted speed limit of 55, meaning the average speed is about 70.

The SUV directly in front of me is weaving a bit. I notice that the dimwit driver is applying mascara (using her rear-view mirror, of course) as she is driving on said 3-lane highway going across said bridge.

Oh, but that's not all, sports fans.

I figure I want to get clear of this nit, and as I pass her I glance over ...

Not only is she applying mascara with her right hand, she is talking into a cell phone that she is holding in her left hand. ...
    When she wrecks--and she will--let's hope that she does not hurt any innocent folks. Jeez, she could have put out her eye w/that mascara wand.

And I thought the guy reading the newspaper propped up on his steering wheel was bad.
    I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Gawd, I've seen that one before too.

The chopsticks, now that's a new one!

My next door neighbor snaps green beans during his long commute - he has an enormous garden and preserves a lot of food - but he swears to us he only snaps during red lights.

He also drives around with goats in his van sometimes. When he gets out of a store, they're sitting in the front seats looking out the windows. This is when he's driving the females somewhere to be bred.

Once I came to a stoplight next to a woman knitting w/her yarn in the passenger seat. When the light turned green, I waited to see if she would put her needles down. She didn't. She drove away still knitting.

Then there's those drivers who take their work on the road. Laptop open and on sitting in the passenger seat, cell phone in one hand, PDA in another all while playing around with their nav.<shudder>
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

WOW!!
    That is some pretty crazy stuff people are doing. Funny but dangerous and crazy.
    I have not seen anything that nutty.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Yeah, but you have Killer Millipedes!

not to mention that CA has a law against DWC (driving whil celling) now don't they??
    SHEESH!

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Yeah, but you have Killer Millipedes!
    Stop reminding me. Im trying to forget they are out there. I sure hope the new door seals do the trick. Last time I looked out the back window they were massing again. YUK
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

It's an interesting side effect of insanely long tedious commutes.

NPR had an excellent story this morning about people choosing to live closer to work/shopping, choosing to live in smaller apts/condos but where they access to life's necessities without (or with minimal) driving. Since we're house hunting right now, that is one of the top things on my list.