Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I love to cook, although it does become a challenge not to repeat myself every week, meal-wise. If I didn't cook, the 80 yo parents would eat nothing but fast food, frozen dinners and a lovely variety of crap.

Flybye - have you seen the Peticure? I'm tempted to buy one, but I'm afraid it would be another failure in the toenail department.

Oh, and the spin classes will help. A few years ago I took a months worth of classes, it helped me immensely.

I think tonight will be vegetarian night, so perhaps polenta lasagna?

It's Cesar Romero day here.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    It's Cesar Romero day here.
    You crack me up. I guess that it's Caesar Salad day today here.

I just finished watching the peticure video - I will show my hubby later tonight. Roxie won't even let us catch her when we open the drawer that the nail clippers are in. Occasionally we snip one when she is dead asleep. One a week is pretty slow going, though. Thanks for the idea Snapdragen!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rock View Post
    Flubye and others:

I know that you have just been accepted into your new program. I guess I am thinking to myself and hoping you agree that... enjoy your free time now and meaningless and fun conversations on the computer. Soon the classroom will take over your life.

I am in the same boat. I had to take Spring semester off because I did not meet WSU's requirement for Clinical Chemistry so I could not move on to the next semester. Sigh... Now I am signed up for Summer and wishing I did not have to go through all this pain. However, I just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end.

Enjoy your bike rides, your family, the snowy mountains, throwing snowballs at each other, watching flowers bloom, and when the sun finally comes out, which I hope it does for you Northern people of the US, go bask in all of its glory. Wheather that is riding, gardening or preparing the garden, repairs on the house. All those things you can not do in the Winter.

Enjoy Spring before it get too hot and we are all sweating buckets of water.

Red Rock
    Red Rock, I like your outlook. Contentment - that's where it's at.

And if you want my opinion, clinical chemistry is highly overrated - that's why I refuse to jump on the band wagon and take it like everyone else is!

What is your major? You must be one of those smart math chicks. While I pulled A's in all of the college math courses that I took, it wasn't my cup of tea. The rest of us chose professions that need no other math skills than addition and subtraction! I remember sitting in the library with my dh (he was a pharmacy major) and he was constructing a cell by snapping together all of these round blocks that were colored connected to sticks, like lollipops. I thought - you weirdo! It was even more strange when we went camping and he read the back of the insect repellent and understood the chemical composition!

Give me an intoxicated person with schizophrenia over that any day!

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    If I didn't cook, the 80 yo parents would eat nothing but fast food, frozen dinners and a lovely variety of crap.
    I take it back. I did cook all the time for my folks when they were still alive. Wonder why I blocked that out?

Anyhow, moving soon to a house a lot closer to work. Maybe I will cook more.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Anyhow, moving soon to a house a lot closer to work. Maybe I will cook more.
    Good chance of it! I now have a 10 minute commute (by bike or by car) and I find I have way more time (and inclination) to cook than I did before.

And where have all you brownie-middle-eating ladies been all my life? I LOVE the edges, and would leave the middles in the pan. We definitely need to get together and bake a pan or two.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I'm a brownie-edge person.

I have no scabs at the moment to speak of. Which is not normal. I work out in the yard so much I always have something.
    My carpet needs to be cleaned that's for sure! But what is the best way to do that? And after you clean it once does it not get dirtier faster?

I can not wait for fishing season to start so I can have quite mornings to myself again. My dh love's to kayak fish. I believe it is May 1st. Yeaaaaa!
    AND My dh started growing a gotee last Nov. Not sure what I think about it yet? I should post a picture and get a vote. The picture below is us this past weekend at my dh's 50th birthday! We did a big group camping trip. It was so much fun! Can't believe he is 50! Where has time gone? (there's another subject to talk about).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010076.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	5649  
    Last edited by Brandi; 03-31-2008 at 03:18 PM.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

I like goatees. I protest loudly everytime DH shaves his off.

Pizza buffet tonight, doesn't sound good but I have a raging headache and refuse to cook. DH can hardly figure out how to make hotdogs.

The weeds are getting worse now that we got rain, looks like tomorrow night is weed pulling time whether I like it or not. And I thought I could get in a ride tomorrow- silly me.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Well, I hate goatees, like a more traditional, trimmed beard. But, Brandi, your guy is a cutie!
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Well, I hate goatees, like a more traditional, trimmed beard. But, Brandi, your guy is a cutie!
    Yea he is a cutie! Thank you for noticing! Not bad for an old guy!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Ahem. 50 is not old.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    Yea he is a cutie! Thank you for noticing! Not bad for an old guy!
    Yeah, he's a doll! And doesn't look 50. I like goatees too...but they don't look good on everyone.

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Watching Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmer. He's having sauer kraut pie in Minnesota right now. He discribes it as a confussion of flavors. A mixture of vinergary from the kraut and sweetness from the vanilla custard filling all held in a flakey crust. He seems to be enjoying it. I can't see how that works at all, but it's pretty tame compared to the other things I've watched him eat.

ETA: Brandi, you and your DH make a very cute couple. I don't think a goatee works for everyone, but it looks good on him.
    Last edited by sgtiger; 03-31-2008 at 08:56 PM.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

Brandi, great catch!

He looks like Nick Nolte would, if Nick Nolte was good looking
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler