Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    Karen- I don't go out if I know it is raining. Sorry you have to change you plans but I would as well. I did a rally last summer that started in a heavy downpour, saw three wrecks in the first 5 miles. I also spent the back 80 riding in a wet chamois because I had been so drenched, not fun at all.
    Ah yea, heavy downpour? No thanks. Wrecks are scary and my bike isn't insured.

Well I got up at 5:00 AM and checked the weather radar. There was rain down South moving up North and covering the areas I was scheduled to ride in.

There might have been a small window of opportunity to ride... but it was over an hours drive one-way for me... so between the round trip gas and entry fee it would have been a $40 day. Too big of a risk for me, in case it got rained out.

So I think I'm taking today off. I should run but yea I can't stand the thought of the treadmill... it has been causing me odd foot pain to run on it. I could run outside but I'm completely unmotivated by drizzle and cold. Blah.

Tomorrow should be sunny though. I'll ride then.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Not to mention the fact that we had a mild cold front come in and along with the raing the temp is only in the 50's.

Rain and cold don't mix for me, I missed my ride this morning too because of the rain and thunderstorms.

Hope you have better luck next time.
    Donna

Hey, KSH, so sorry about your weather yuck. Yes, rain where you are is not like rain where I am, that is for sure. Hang in there!

I am trying to figure out how to train for a mountain climbing ride when all our hills, let alone our mountains, are under snow, sand and gravel. Very odd for us this time of year, as lots of people are experiencing.

Two feet of snow out on one of my longer training routes! Two feet!! Out here in "mild" western WA!!
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by CA_in_NC View Post
    KSH-You have my admiration for training through the winter the way you have! I share your frustration - it was 80 here, and I spent the entire day waiting for a closing that didn't happen and at the eye doc. By Sunday, it's supposed to be in the 40's and raining. ICK! Come on Spring!!!
    Yes, high of 83 at our house yesterday (reported by DH as I was at work, of course); high of 43 today, drizzly, cloudy, dark, and RAW. Unfair! I was a total slug and stayed inside all day. Only exercise I got was playing with our puppy!

Sorry KSH -- I know that kind of thing is a major disappointment! And like CA, I also have been following, and admiring, your dedication to your training!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

It's all so weird. Today, a pile of hail the size of pea gravel...pretty big for us. I suppose in Texas it would have been golf balls!
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury