Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

It's 7 pm and now it's just flat out SNOWING here in North Seattle. And occasionally thundering. It's so loony!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

No kidding. We heard a couple of booms a few hours ago, then it started snowing. Lightly at first w/ most of it melting almost as quickly as it was falling. Now it looks like someone opened up a cosmic size bag of flocking(the kind used to stuff teddy bears) and is dumping it on us. Don't the weather gods know it's April? No date night for DH and I this weekend in Portland(where he is). Booooo!
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

Picture

Ha! Great pic. Where is that?
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Hi, Salsa! It's a picture off our porch of our complex's parking lot. We're in the north side of Bothell, almost Mill Creek. In fact, that's the top of our van in the foreground.

Great pictures!!
    I love snow and those pics are about as close to snow as I will get here in Western Australia.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

We have a ridiculous amount of snow over here in my little valley. Just NUTS! Maybe 4 inches at this point? Can't see any of the grass poking up at all, my primroses have disappeared, the parking lot is a mess. There was just a car spinning like mad trying to get up the little hill in front of my building. They didn't make it.

And it's still dumping down huge fluffy flakes!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Wow - Merry Christmas!!!! - When do we get to open presents???

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    We have a ridiculous amount of snow over here in my little valley. Just NUTS! Maybe 4 inches at this point? Can't see any of the grass poking up at all, my primroses have disappeared, the parking lot is a mess. There was just a car spinning like mad trying to get up the little hill in front of my building. They didn't make it.

And it's still dumping down huge fluffy flakes!
    WOW sounds chilly.
    Have a yummy hot chocolate for me.
    Amelia Earhart

Quote Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
    Wow - Merry Christmas!!!! - When do we get to open presents???
    Hee hee, I was just telling SKnot we need to put our Christmas tree back up!

Already got tomorrow's breakfast planned: pancakes with melted butter, Ibarra hot chocolate, fried apple slices.

Winter food!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

The weather was no where near that interesting in Portland today (I now split my time between PDX and SEA until we move down this summer).

I was outside today and felt the cold front coming through. Looked up at the sky and saw clouds. Snow wouldn't have surprised me but all we got was occasional periods of being the flat rock under the horse.

Tomorrow may be different.
    re-cur-sion ri'-ker-shen n: see recursion

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post

Already got tomorrow's breakfast planned: pancakes with melted butter, Ibarra hot chocolate, fried apple slices.

Winter food!
    Yummy!! I think I need you to make me breakfast.
    Amelia Earhart

Come on back, Trekhawk! You didn't get to see much of this part of the country, did you?

BIAK and Sg, didn't know you guys are moving to Portland. Nice for you all--I like Portland a lot-- but sad for us. Better have another party or two before you go. Maybe a winter breakfast party....

HEY! No! You can't leave!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    Come on back, Trekhawk! You didn't get to see much of this part of the country, did you?

BIAK and Sg, didn't know you guys are moving to Portland. Nice for you all--I like Portland a lot-- but sad for us. Better have another party or two before you go. Maybe a winter breakfast party....
    I got the job about two weeks ago after nearly three months of unemployment. Of the 100+ resumes I submitted, I got one response in Bellevue and five in the Portland area. If that's not a sign, I don't know what was.

Seattle was cool, but since we both grew up in the Portland area, the support system (read: child care) is much more well developed. Between SG's parents and brother, plus my oldest son, date nights may become a regular thing again.

Plus, I'll be supporting clients in the Puget Sound area so I'll be up there from time to time.
    re-cur-sion ri'-ker-shen n: see recursion